Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • power meter world on a stick request
  • tcomc1000
    Free Member

Does anyone use a power meter that they swap frequently between their mountain and their road bikes? tempted by a garmin vector but not exactly SPD compatable.
    Should i simply wait a couple of years longer and see if something suitable comes on the market?
    VMT

M

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-power-meters/powerpod-powermeter/11280537.html might suit your needs better, good price too with extra dicount code and Topcashback.

mrblobby
    Free Member

PowerPod, I really can’t imagine it would work at all well off road.

Would something like a 105 Stages or 4iiii work on a Shimano MTB crankset? I think the splines are the same but the Q factor might be off.

Something like a Rotor or Power2Max or Quarq might work. I see that the Quarq DZERO works with SRAM Red and XX1 cranks. But then swapping a spider may be a bit of a faff.

Should i simply wait a couple of years longer and see if something suitable comes on the market?

More likely they’ll just come down in price sufficiently to make buying two of them the easiest option. You could get a 4iii for 320 quid recently.

TiRed

Powerpod have updated their Crr algorithms, but I haven’t gone off road with mine. If you like riding clipped in, you can try Look KEO off road – what could go wrong 😉 ? Otherwise, it’s Stages or 4iii with spds on the road, I guess. Nothing wrong with that as a solution.

Quite fancy Look on my SS now…

BTW I wouldn’t go with a Vector, the pods hang down and you might hit a stump. Favero Assioma for pedal based, available soon. Be Pros are still around. And I’d only go single sided for off road. You could always go with Look and Pedalbobs 😀 with some extra sharp additions for flats.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘power meter world on a stick request’ is closed to new replies.