Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Post office – Can I exchange change (in money bags) for notes?
  • PJ266
    Free Member

As in the title, someone on here will know.

2hottie
    Free Member

I would say no. I popped down to the post office to get some money bags and they said that they do not accept change in this way. He pointed out that the bank do it and he was nice enough to give me plenty of money bags to get me started! I would just ask your local post office.

PJ266
    Free Member

Ah right, There isnt a branch of my bank here. I'll just get a friend to pay it into their account. Ta.

hels
    Free Member

I sometimes do it the other way, need change for events etc, just pop into the bank and say you are a charity.

If you feel very lazy take it to the machines at the supermarket then you don't even have to count it. Does make you feel a bit chavvy tho and they take a cut.

Rich_s

7%!

slartybartfast
    Free Member

My local barclay have changed me up to 600 quid in bagged coins no problems and i don't have an account with them.

djglover
    Free Member

your bank has to accept deposits like this I think, although some do limit them I believe

bruneep

take a small child with you and tell the bank it's their piggy bank money

djglover
    Free Member

Go in with a balaclava on and a banana in your pocket

PJ266
    Free Member

Might just pop down and ask nicely then. Small child might be hard to come by (I could probably pass for one myself if I had a shave though) and there'd be no banana necessary 😉

Cheers guys.

Drac

Our local one does.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Post office – Can I exchange change (in money bags) for notes?’ is closed to new replies.