• This topic has 115 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)
  • Positive test post-snip
  • miketually
    Free Member

Anyone had a positive result in the first sample, then a clear second sample?

MoreCashThanDash

I was clear first time. Deal was that if the first attempt failed, she wouldn’t make me have it done again!

boxelder

Mate of mine had twins several years later. Just saying..

ivnickkate
    Free Member

friend of mine had +ve then clear, as our midwife friend candidly pointed out, you need to clean your tubes out more 🙂

GolfChick
    Free Member

According to google it takes 20-40 times to clear out the pipes sufficiently to get rid of any positive results. Roll on the all clear!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Yep, positive then clear.

I forget the time between the two but definitely not uncommon.

Sandwich

Golfchick more a case of get pipe cleaning surely?

miketually
    Free Member

+ve then clear

positive then clear

definitely not uncommon

That’s what I wanted to hear; didn’t fancy going through with a second op!

you need to clean your tubes out more

That’s even better news 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Not necessarily

neilforrow

so… when you have the snip, erm, do you actually fire anything or, like, do you just ‘hunnnnhah’ and nothing.

If nothing, whats going on down there. Massive backpressure in your balls?

Didn’t really want to google that lot, well def not google images, that’s for sure!

Anyone in the know?

theotherjonv

Still produce fluid, just no swimmers

Tastes slightly different as a result.

(don’t try and tell me you’ve never tasted it just to see if your other half’s complaints are justified)

stevied
    Free Member

Tastes slightly different as a result.

Apparently pineapple can have quite an effect on this..

brassneck

so… when you have the snip, erm, do you actually fire anything or, like, do you just ‘hunnnnhah’ and nothing.

Think gold top vs. UHT

hammyuk
    Free Member

More like Skimmed….

miketually
    Free Member

More like Skimmed….

Or semi-skimmed for me, based on the letter I received.

Trimix
    Free Member

No, its like grape juice – but the seedless variety.

neilforrow

ok, makes me feel a little better about the situation I’m facing. 😆

stevied
    Free Member

I’m booked in for the consultation in a couple of weeks 😯

Do they have staff ‘on hand’ to help with the pipe cleaning post-op?

Harry_the_Spider

I just blow a cloud of dust.

theotherjonv

Do they have staff ‘on hand’ to help with the pipe cleaning post-op?

It was a stipulation of mine that if I was going to go through the procedure, I’d expect full co-operation from the wife for the aftercare.

hammyuk
    Free Member

My Ex passed out when I had to take several stitches out due to swelling 😆

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I’m going in in June.

I know almost nothing about it and that’s the way I plan on keeping it. General anesthetic and no need to be told post-op how it went.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

It all gets stored up. If you get jiggy too much, your sack will swell up like a football before exploding in a bit spermy mess.

Or, alternatively, you still ejaculate semen it just contains no sperm.

neilforrow

your sack will swell up like a football

end up like buster – it did cross my mind…

GolfChick
    Free Member

Golfchick more a case of get pipe cleaning surely?

Surprisingly with two sets of stitches still in its significantly reduced the willingness! Only been two weeks this Friday, there’s still time!

dknwhy

I’m in the post-op, pre-test phase after having it done in December. Was a good month before the swelling went down and things felt relatively normal. Was 3-4 weeks off riding too.

Didn’t realise that the nurse would want to have a rummage at the first consultation. Was even more awkward when she called in the receptionist to act as chaperone!

Unless you’re a flasher, nothing will prepare you for the complete lack of dignity 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

All the nurses commented on the perfection of my shaving – and a lot of them came to have a look. Actually, they may not all have been nurses….

For those about to have it done, local anaesthetic is fine. If they haven’t given you enough, the surgeon will know this a fraction of a millisecond after you do. If you need to ask how I know this…..

ScottChegg
    Free Member

don’t try and tell me you’ve never tasted it just to see if your other half’s complaints are justified

I don’t think this is quite as normal as you think it is.

hammyuk
    Free Member

GA for mine but they were checking for “previous damage” too 😯

NZCol

A topic dear to my sack having experienced this show 2.5 weeks ago. Trust me, in the days immediately after the concept of pipe cleaning will probably not be high on your mind, making sure you don’t walk into table corners, your kids don’t land on you and nothing comes within a metre of your groin will be your focus.
    As MCTD says the local is fine, the tugging (hhhhhhuh) and general feeling of blue balls isn’t particularly nice and you do certainly know when they have less than adequate levels of anaesthetic gone in. In other times of my life having an attractive nurse holding my willy would have been the signal to a good night, less so with a lady holding clamps and a scalpel. I swear they invited the waiting room in for a laugh. Saying that I had a week which was sore, v sore then uncomfortable and the in the space of a day was fine. Been on bike now for a week and all good. Few more weeks until the first sample, there was a concerned look when I asked if I had to do it in the waiting room, quickfire answer (from willy nurse) was “The WiFis not so good, use the toilet” Well played lady…

miketually
    Free Member

Didn’t realise that the nurse would want to have a rummage at the first consultation.

None of that went on with me…

miketually
    Free Member

I had to post my sample.

Had to stand on a stool to reach the slot in the post box.

MoreCashThanDash

After the unpleasantness with the lack of sufficient local anaesthetic I had very little discomfort after the op. I have to boast confess that we did rather ignore the advice about not testing it for a week or so after the operation, and the cauterised scab came off and it then refused to scab over again and heal properly for about 3 weeks.

I didn’t try and ride a bike until it had finally healed over – problems with other slow healing medical incisions made that a definite no brainer!

djflexure

They should have sent away a sample of each vas to the lab to confirm the correct bit was removed.

dknwhy

Trust me, in the days immediately after the concept of pipe cleaning will probably not be high on your mind,

Although painful, I needed to check everything worked asap,just to be sure!

I had a hernia op as a baby so things were apparently more complicated down there on one side. Took a while to heal on that side too.

Nurse offered a valium prescription for the op so I was really chilled!

NZCol

I had to post my sample.

Had to stand on a stool to reach the slot in the post box.

I laughed.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I had to have a “top up” of anaesthetic – 1st cut was fine, 2nd I definitely felt it. The “tugging” was the worst bit. 5 people in on the op including the surgeon. Test sample results took ages to come through… from the lab, not the source.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The most distressing part of the procedure for me was waddling out of the clinic onto Sauchiehall Street like a cowboy who’d forgotten his horse only to find that someone had crashed into my parked car and driven off without leaving any details.

It was like a boot in the baws. Again.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Wandering up to the nice girl who worked on the counter of the hospital pathology department to hand in a fresh sample for testing is the worst part.

Especially 4 times 😳

P-Jay
    Free Member

With my Doc, they take two samples, but don’t give you the results until they’re both complete.

I didn’t find the post-op stuff that bad, little or no swelling, bit of a bruise and not much pain, I was dreading the local wearing off and this searing pain to hit me, but it was more of a dull ache.

However, I really hated the op, I was a bit worried going in, but I’ve had too much surgery in my life and far more invasive than that, but it really did a number on me – the needle into the balls was appalling and the procedure really turned my stomach – a bit like going to the dentist, you don’t feel what they’re doing, but you feel the area around it being tugged and pulled and I threw a whitey for a moment.

I was told 30 shots before the magazine is empty, which worked out as 2 a week between op and tests, 2 a week!

I wish….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Positive test post-snip’ is closed to new replies.