Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Portland Design Works Basket/bag – anyone have one?
  • robdob
    Free Member

Fancy one as a treat and they do look useful. Yes they aren’t cheap I know but that’s what a treat is!

Anyone got one, want to sell it or know where I can get one? Google isn’t helping much with a UK stockist.

bumper
    Free Member

try amazon or charlie bikemonger

robdob
    Free Member

No luck with either.

robdob
    Free Member

That’s the one. No stock there though. 🙁

bumper
    Free Member
    elduderino12
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve got one and I wouldn’t be without it now. It might look a bit odd but it’s really, really practical. I don’t like a bag on my back for riding and lugging a full pannier around with only a few bits and bobs in was overkill. This fits everything I need in for riding to work and leaves a little room to pick anything up from the supermarket on the way home. Great for a sandwich and a spare rain jacket for day rides and can also fit a six pack of beers in it.

Bag is a nice blue inside and so far has been waterproof. It can get a little rattly on bumpy canal routes if it’s not packed right.

I got mine from Triton Cycles while they were on offer – also as a treat. Oh, and i got the light mount separately from SJS.

cinnamon_girl

*like*

robdob
    Free Member

Ordered! Don’t need it, don’t have a bike at my current temporary home to put it on but I don’t care. It’s my birthday money and I can spend it on sweets if I like!

Yes I am 39yo. 😉

bumper
    Free Member

I love spending other peoples money.

do you need anything else? 😆

robdob
    Free Member

I am trying to buy a house. Seriously!!

bumper
    Free Member

don’t think I could cope with the stress of that type of spending 😆

glad you bought the basket, I was very tempted. Looks rather handy.

robdob
    Free Member

Arrived today…..

Nicely made, the bag is good too. Only paid £48 in the end, place I got it from has loads of PDW stuff on sale so I bought an Alexander Graham Bell, some leather grips and some Speed Metal grips all for the same price that Amazon were selling the basket alone for (ish 😉 )

robdob
    Free Member

I fancy buying one for my wife for her new commuter bike and making a new wooden bit for the front which is personalised for her…..

annebr
    Free Member

Where did you purchase from? 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’d guess Triton

Bought some pdw guards from them – service was great.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I had one for a while, but sold it in the end. It’s not too much use without the bag, because stuff just bounces out, so really I just ended up using it like a handlebar bag, with the basket being like a mount for the bag. Also, it blocked handlebar space for other shenanigans like lights.

BTW, if you want to fit lights, use some headset spacers to make a DIY mount (also works on low-rider bosses, rack mounts etc..)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I thought that (that it’s really just a heavy bag mount) but then looked at caradice and their bags mount on some horrible plastic quick release thingy. Does anyone make a bar bag, that looks classic like a carradice, but with a more ‘classic’ mounting system, more like their saddle bags?

I like the PDW basket, but not convinced it’d look right on an old tourer.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i like the look – it would go well with my bike….im just not sure its all that useful for 50 quid.

i liked the old kona one that mounted to the front axle and the crown with the wooden base – but alas its a nigh on imposibility to get here and the minourna version is big enough i could bring my car to work on it.

DrP

I really like mine – the bag’s pretty useful too..

DrP

robdob
    Free Member

HoratioHufnagel – I’ve seen that idea before, thanks for reminding me!

i like the look – it would go well with my bike….im just not sure its all that useful for 50 quid.

i liked the old kona one that mounted to the front axle and the crown with the wooden base – but alas its a nigh on imposibility to get here and the minourna version is big enough i could bring my car to work on it.

I just like the look of it, don’t really if other stuff is more useful. I reckon a luggage net over the top would be a good idea if you don’t want to use the bag.

FWIW I have a front rack and dedicated mounts, but I don’t use it and this looks less “toury” to me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Portland Design Works Basket/bag – anyone have one?’ is closed to new replies.