Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Poor service from a potential supplier – should I send this?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Looking at spending reasonable money on some software for my client. I already use other software from the same company and have demo’d this package previously for my own use.
    Spoke to the UK office of the software company and [rather than talking to my usual contact who is helpful] have had a phone conversation with a seemingly disinterested sales guy who couldn’t even be bothered to email pricing for the annual usage by client would require.
    I let that slip and when i asked for another demo license I had a reply stating ‘I’ll speak to **** and get back to you.’ That was two weeks ago.

Should I send this or just be nice?
    Dear ******
    Naively I though this meant that you would actually get back to me, but the fact that you haven’t shouldn’t really come as a surprise seeing as you never even sent an email confirming the pricing for [software] when you said you would do.

I am disappointed that it seems that an order for software in excess of £20k isn’t that important to [software company] so I shall look at the alternatives.

Regards

jam-bo

only if you follow it up with a phone call 30s later asking if they got your email…

Gary_M
    Free Member

What would the point be in sending that to the sales person, they’ll just delete it. They clearly don’t care so its not going to bother them.

Send a similar note, only a bit more professional, to either their manager or the MD, ie send it to someone who should care.

sharkbait
    Free Member

His boss is CC’d.

lucky7500

Just use a different company. I wouldn’t imagine that your client would be particularly happy with you spending £20,000 of their money on a disinterested company with whom you are having an ongoing argument!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Don’t send that. It makes you sound like a nob. It’s the sort of thing I would do.

sharkbait
    Free Member

!
    🙁

I actually think that effectively ‘sending’ it here has made me less angry with them. Not sending now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As long as you post it.
    Second class.
    With a kipper in the envelope.

Fueled
    Free Member

I’m going to stick my neck out and suggest that a friendly reminder note would be a better approach than a pissy email to his boss. He said that he would send something but then forgot. Not cool but not exactly unforgiveable.

Do you actually want a good relationship with the supplier or do you just want to get this guy bollocked? I doubt that the guy’s boss will be that keen to deal with you in the future either…

PJM1974
    Free Member

A well known logistics company decided to take my missus to court over a matter was subsequently thrown out by the judge – and should never have got to that point.

I take great pleasure in not using said logistics company, who may well tout for my organisation’s business in the near future.

*rubs palms*

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Poor service from a potential supplier – should I send this?’ is closed to new replies.