Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Police recover 100 stolen bikes in the New Forest
  • 29erKeith
    Free Member

Haul of 100 stolen bikes uncovered
    As reported in our local cyclist hating rag

Well done the police.

Lymingtons a pretty expensive area, but Pennington where they were discovered has a bit of a reputation as having a few dodgy bits

Good news though if you’ve had a bike stolen in the area, fingers crossed you get it back and fingers crossed the scrotes get some time and not just a bit of community service.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

fingers crossed the scrotes get some time

fat chance unless they have massive amounts of previous convictions. Most of those in the photo are BSO’s, probably most of ’em unidentifiable and many unreported.

29erKeith
    Free Member

I’d guess all the good ones get shifted soon and this is the pile to weigh in for scrap later maybe

plyphon
    Free Member

wow crazy, just up the road from me.

ill get down to lymmington’s next police auction.

atlaz
    Free Member

You need 4 tonnes of scrap then?

easygirl

Yeah but, but……., but I bet one of the coppers involved, I bet he….., must have……beat some protester up years ago
    Baastards

wwaswas

not just tat according to the bbc;

Officers said 28 top-of-the-range bicycles were stolen in the Lymington area in October, compared with one during the same period in 2011 and three in 2010.

plyphon
    Free Member

You need 4 tonnes of scrap then?

I am very much in need of a pub bike. 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Since September at least 50 bikes have been reported as stolen across the Lymington, Brockenhurst and New Milton areas worth at least £15,000.

Average price of £300

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

yep read that, not many bikes in that photo ever cost £300, let alone fall into the typical stolen STW bike bracket…

not just tat according to the bbc

nice bikes might well have been stolen in the area, they ain’t there in that pile of pig iron…

chrischim
    Free Member

First one on the left is a ~98 Spesh Rockhopper. Not a bad bike in its day and my first taste of mountain biking.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Police recover 100 stolen bikes in the New Forest’ is closed to new replies.