Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Please criticise my new website/blog…
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

for goodness sake, lighten up

edit: you’re right. Good luck with the blog.

peterfile
    Free Member

Dorset_Knob

If I wanted a tent review, I could just ask here, where I can usually get an aggregated, highly summarised consensus view within a few minutes. Much more useful than the self-indulgent unmoderated doggerel you can find elsewhere on the web.

STW is generally the first place i look for “self-indulgent unmoderated doggerel”

Dorset_Knob

Anyway, you asked for criticism – you didn’t say that any negative comments would have you in tears. Putting smileys in your post doesn’t fool me, I can tell you’re rattled

You came across as pompous and unhelpful in your post, obviously realised that (which is why you then deleted it straight afterwards). Why would that have me rattled?

I’ve posted on STW for long enough to know what to expect when you post up stuff like this, openly asking for flaming. I’m not crying, just picking out the useful stuff from the self-indulgent unmoderated doggerel 😉

peterfile
    Free Member

now I’m being a tit 🙂

apologies.

I’m just looking for a few tips on wordpress sites and general structure/design etc.

chakaping
    Free Member

People who think blogs are only written by the egotistical and self-centred have missed the point completely.

I was joking about raging egotists before, if you were referring to my comment. I actually agree with you.

I write and edit things all day long for money and while I don’t think user generated content generally works very well in paid media, I do enjoy reading what real people want to write on their own time about bikes and bike stuff.

DavidB
    Free Member

peterfile – just write what you want to write in the way you want to write it and sod everyone else. If you don’t then it won’t be you and you’ll lose all enthusiasm for doing it. Well done for not being in the 95% who can’t be arsed to share anything or make an effort to enrich the lives of others by actually having a go. Just do it your way in a style that makes you feel good about it yourself that way your own personality will shine through. I’ve been doing it for years now and the one person who likes what you do negates the ten who could do better.

vorlich
    Free Member

if you were referring to my comment

Not specifically, what were you saying about egos 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That is so rubbish. It’s the worse thing I’ve ever seen. I mean seriously, you’ve got to be taking the piss right? Have you considered jacking it all in and re-training as a remedial class pupil? It doesn’t even look any good, let alone read well.

I may not have read any of your work or this thread.

chakaping
    Free Member

Not specifically, what were you saying about egos

I obviously need to start my own blog.

🙁

peterfile
    Free Member

Thanks David 🙂

TSY, I can’t believe that you would, as an upstanding member of the STW community, give such a scathing opinion on something that you haven’t even considered properly. That’s just not how things are done around here 😉 🙂

ha ha, powers of STW eh…..

Today

Hits

Pages views

Unique visitors

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The important stats will be how many repeat visitors you get next week and the week after and the week after that 😉

peterfile
    Free Member

The important stats will be how many repeat visitors you get next week and the week after and the week after that

Absolutely! Hence the forex part to the site 😉

You’d be utterly amazing at how many hits the mere mention of the words “free forex strategy” or “free forex EA” will bring to a site. It’s insane.

Quite interesting stats though, e.g. despite the relatively low number of regular posters, there’s clearly a heck of a lot of lurkers?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why not put on ‘donkey pron’ then too 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

“free forex strategy” / “free forex EA”

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Please criticise my new website/blog…’ is closed to new replies.