Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • plastic surgery ?
  • grynch
    Free Member

I saw something on the TV last night ( the one show I think ) that said Britains, per capita, were the largest…errr…users (?) of plastic surgery in Europe.
    (that surprised me – based on my observations I woulda said it was here )

so…
    would you have plastic surgery?

and if so,
    what would you have done?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Damn straight I would. I see nothing wrong with it at all as long as you don't go silly.

Bit of lipo 😉 and some laser hair removal (Can they do nose hair? I HATE IT!!!)

Drac

Did the survey say plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery, there's a lot of plastics done in this country to treat burns on the NHS that would count for a lot of it.

Would I have cosmetic? No can't think of anything that bothers me enough to have anything done about it.

grynch
    Free Member

Drac, hmmm…. I'm not sure what was actually said, so they could have included plastic surgery for burn victims and such to skew the numbers, but thinking about it the item was reporting on cosmetic surgery.. Harley St., et.al.

ourmaninthenorth

Did the survey say plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery

Isn't there a bit of blurring between the two? Though I suppose plastic = reconstructive and cosmetic = vanity.

I had a nice maxfax man screw part of my face together after an injury. Made a very neat job of it too – no visible scars.

Would I have cosmetc? Only as the lazy option to diteing (liposuction).

Bunnyhop

Mmmm that lady spent £7,000 on 2 proceedures. She could have bought a decent mountain bike for that (2 even) and got rid of the problems naturally.

I've just slapped myself on the wrists for that naugthy comment.

grynch
    Free Member

bunnyhop "LOL"

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I has some very minor plastic surgery.I had a small non malignant melanoma,removed from the side of my face which required a graft which used some skin from behind my ear.Still have a scar but looks better than it would have done without…..

Drac

Isn't there a bit of blurring between the two? Though I suppose plastic = reconstructive and cosmetic = vanity.

Pretty much sums it up.

BigDummy
    Free Member

An interesting one. I don't much fancy the idea myself, but I'm conscious that I argued in favour of dyeing grey hair if it made you feel younger just the other week, so I'm not 100% clear I can see a difference. I think it's probably just a matter of degree, and surgery seems a bit OTT unless how one looks is really life-degrading.

I'm pretty sure that I've radically altered my own perception of how I look over the last 8 years or so from "really not attractive" to "pretty good looking". My actual appearance hasn't changed all that much. Convincing myself I'm good looking has been cheaper than surgery, but perhaps surgery would have been quicker and more effective. 😀

AgentOrange
    Free Member

Knob reduction… 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘plastic surgery ?’ is closed to new replies.