Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Planet X RT58 Ultegra
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Really taken with this bike at the moment, especially in the white/green.

Also, back in stock just prior to my birthday.

So, any reason why I shouldn’t? Any better bikes out there for the money that I’m missing? Might be doing an iron-distance tri next year, thought it might be good for that. I’ll only be doing the one and I’m not expecting to be competitive so I don’t think a tri specific bike is worth it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

R872?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Whats your budget?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Budget? More a case of seeing this bike and thinking I could possible stretch to that.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Probably worth factoring in a decent set of shoes, tri bars etc.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got some shoes already. I’m guessing that if I’m riding 112 miles, 30 seconds doing up the three straps on each shoe isn’t going to be a deal breaker.

Still in two minds about tri bars. On my current road bike, I’m actually lower on the drops than I am resting my elbows on the tops.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Still in two minds about tri bars. On my current road bike, I’m actually lower on the drops than I am resting my elbows on the tops.

But is that actually more aerodynamic?

and, wahts up with your current bike?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Current bike is a bit heavy, more of a general purpose machine and in all honestly, not as new and shiny. If I’m honest, the current bike is perfectly capable of covering 100 miles or so.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Fair do’s

I dunno, check out all the usual suspects – Pauls cycles, Rose bikes, Canyon.

None of these take your fancy? https://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/series/ultimate-al.html

The one with sram force looks a bargain if its in your size

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Planet X RT58 Ultegra’ is closed to new replies.