Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Planet x Carbon Road Wheels – any good ?
  • pinkyponk
    Free Member

Any owners out there to give me a bit feedback. Mostly interested in strength and durability, I used to run Cosmic Clinchers a while back are these comparable ?
    any info appreciated.

Haze

Sorry can’t help, but there’s £100 off this week if you didn’t know already…

andyfb78
    Free Member

in my experience a mixed bag.

the ones i had were bloomin ace.

the ones friend had were a bit friday afternoon, but durability didn’t seem an issue.

they both had american classic hubs.

if you get a good pair, they are brilliant value.

pinkyponk
    Free Member

its the 100 quid off thats tempting me. not much comes close on paper..

STL

No probs with my 50 650c’s. run as sweet now as they did when new 3 years ago.
    Don’t get me started on my stealth frame though, seat post/seat post insert!

neilforrow

what about the RS80’s they have for 300.?. Or do you want a deep section rim?

MikeWW
    Free Member

I’ve got some PX clinchers (52mm carbon deeps)
    Have broken a few(4) spokes on the rear and am not heavy (72 kg)
    Hit 2 potholes-one I would have expected to do something to the wheel-the other not
    However a cheap fix and for the money I would buy again-run better than my Kysrium Elites and prefer them to the American Classic 420’s
    Run well, nice and stiff and certainly pretty quick
    Time again and personally I would spend a bit more and get some Cosmic Carbones

pinkyponk
    Free Member

yes i fancied some deep section rims

Ed2001
    Free Member

I used to race on some 50 tubs a few years ago and they were okay. Positives – aero, Light ish , build was pretty good, CHEAP ( so less worries about stacking them) negatives cheap hubs dont last , braking in wet was not great .In the end
    you get what you pay for ,Ive since had eastons and now corimas both more expensive but better imo

brant
    Free Member

Offer wheels are the alloy carbon clinchers. Great braking , good aero performance, durable.
    We also do full carbon tubular wheels.
    Don’t do full carbon clinchers as we can’t find any that work properly.
    Full carbon wheels, even tubular ones, don’t brake well in wet. But tubular ones cope with heat much better.

Rims made at same place mavic, campag, etc are made. I was there yesterday. Same place also make SRAM Red carbon crank etc.

Ed2001
    Free Member

As Brant point out carbon rims are generally poor in the wet these were just particulary shit in my experience. 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Brant. How much would they put on the price of a Gran Fondo N2A build? Are they fat lad passed?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Ed2001 – Member
    As Brant point out carbon rims are generally poor in the wet these were just particulary shit in my experience.

These are alloy braking surfaced though.

brant
    Free Member

N2aGF is Fatlad rated. Our Frank has one. I think he’s 25 stone.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Planet x Carbon Road Wheels – any good ?’ is closed to new replies.