Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pivot mach 6 owners, help please
  • sig123
    Free Member

Im having a bit of trouble adjusting my rear mech, i get it all set up right in the stand and as soon as i go out i loose the gears, was wondering if I’ve routed it right, i.e. cable from shifter to internal routing hole with bump stop the another bump stop inside the frame touching the other is this right? or any other thoughts would be helpful.

thomthumb
    Free Member

my mate has one and the cable routing needs special attention past the shock. The seat stay mount is about 30 mm too low, so a cable tie and a bit of flexible hosing to sort it. (this is on a small sized bike)

I know other people have routed them touching the shock.

hope that’s useful?!

sig123
    Free Member

Ok I’ve rang Pivot dealer today who have said that its a full cable to the seat stay but theres no way a outer will go through the internal cable route on the top tube!!!!

rickon
    Free Member

What gear outer are you using? They’re different diameters.

sig123
    Free Member

Not sure as it was one i had hangging around in the shed how small do they go down to as the hole isn’t much bigger than the cable?

Kahurangi

Do you have any other cable causing issues in the internal bit? Like a dropper?

Have you got the routing past the shock sorted? That is another potential issue. And what size frame?

sig123
    Free Member

Hi don’t have a dropper yet and have sorted the routing past the shock ok,its just that bit entering the top tube that I’m getting stuck on . Its a medium

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pivot mach 6 owners, help please’ is closed to new replies.