• This topic has 17 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Pikes Sucking Down 10mm or so
  • Taz

I am assuming there is some ‘bleed’ from positive to negative air chambers here. Though it happened a ride or 2 back it is not appearing to get any worse. If I pump the fork up to 150PS or so it goes to full length again. Drop it down to my ride pressure85PSI and it sinks the 10 -15mm again

Any tips to correct or is it back for a warranty repair?

Junkyard
    Free Member

If under warranty I would say yes return but contact them first
    The old one used to do this is there was not enough oil in them

13thfloormonk

Think the default solution is to completely depressurize the negative chamber first, then pump up positive chamber, then pump up negative chamber.

If you do change the positive pressure with pressure still in the negative chamber it can ‘confuse’ the travel in my experience.

rickon
    Free Member

There’s no dual air on new pikes. So only a positive chamber to add air into, and a port equalises this between both chambers.

Loco will give you a better answer, but the port between the negative and positive is likely blocked.

You could try removing all air, and then adding more air.

But likely it needs a strip down, clean and decrease. Do at home or send to Loco for a lowers service. I think its about £40 including delivery both ways. I think. Loco can confirm.

Or send back under warranty.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I had this last week LBS sent back to fisher all fixed in two days under warrenty. All new seals and oil on the repair form???

rickon
    Free Member

Yep, they did a full service. That’s the easiest way to know you’ve fixed the problem. And fixes any other likely issues you won’t know about.

LoCo
    Free Member

It just shows they removed the lowers and replaced the air seals in the air leg the oil being lower oil, very much doubt the damper would have been touched as it would have been mentioned

Taz

Cheers guys

Will send them back then after my ride tomorrow

rickon
    Free Member

Damn. Loco whips my ass again.

LoCo
    Free Member

Bad lad!

njee20
    Free Member

My SIDs did this last week. If you undo the bolt at the bottom of the LH leg there’s an air valve to release the negative air – do this and start again. Imagine mine will revert and prob need a service, but they’ve been fine for the couple of rides snide I ‘reset’ them.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Sids are nothing like pikes

njee20
    Free Member

Solo air cartridge is the same though, as is the problem. In fact whoever on here recommended I try what I did found the advice actually applied to a Pike.

Taz

HI Njee.

No air valve at the bottom of my Pikes. I removed the bolt and nothing there (unless I am being really dim?)

Got to say I am really liking the way the feel despite this slight suck down. I have added more air pressure so they sit up even better than before and they seem to be supple as hell over the smaller stuff as well. Which would make sense if the -ve chamber is ‘over charged’

If the problem gets no worse I may just stick with them as is

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Mate send them away mine felt ok stuck down but feel fantastic now

njee20
    Free Member

My apologies then – as I say the guide I found was for a Pike. It was a fair way recessed into the leg, but clearly visible.

chiefgrooveguru

Taz, once they’re fixed you can add extra bottomless tokens and run them with more sag to get the same spring rate curve as if the negative chamber were overcharged. Great fork – good without any tweaking but easy to tweak and hard to mess up!

hora
    Free Member

My new 55CRs are good 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Pikes Sucking Down 10mm or so’ is closed to new replies.