Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pikes clicking/knocking or is it something else ?
  • ticsmon

Heard a clicking/knocking noise from the front end today but when I stopped I couldn’t hear it when compressing the fork.
    Has anyone had issues like this with pikes. They’re 29er 140s

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Mine have a slight knock when they fully extend – like the stop is a hard stop instead of a rubber one. Referring to it as a knock isn’t really fair, its more of a firm hard stop. It feels perfectly fine and as if it were intended to me and they’ve done it since new. A knock in my mind infers something is loose or not functioning correctly.

AndyRT
    Free Member

According to TFTuning, this is perfectly normal as it is an unweighted top out of the air spring.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Yesh AndyRT

This sound like the issue?

Taken from http://www.tftuned.com/tech-help/22-rockshox

My Solo Air fork has a slight knock at the top of the stroke, why?

The air piston on Solo Air forks must move up and down, around 1mm on the air shaft, to allow the positive air to balance the negative air at top of the stroke. Without this balancing of positive and negative air the fork would feel harsh and have a very poor small bump ride. This air piston movement is what you can feel and cannot be removed completely. During a service we reduce it as much as it possible by fitting the latest modified air piston plus a few other things…

ticsmon

Thanks chaps

pedlad

I Think I have this on my 650b ones. New to rs after years on fox forks and its a bit distracting. Is it like a v slightly loose headset movement?

gmex619
    Free Member

I had a set of u turn 26s.. They shortly locked at full travel after knocking. Check for reduced travel and locking up..

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive had it mine, its not the knocking noise the above speak of so ignore that, that’s something totally different

I had 2 pairs click/creak, its the CSU interface, debonding or similar, annoying as hell and does indeed sound like a loose headset cracking/clicking/creaking

without the wheel in bike upside down, flex the fork lowers back and forth and side to side, see if its replicates the noise

both sets replaced under warranty, went back to fox

AlexSimon

both sets replaced under warranty, went back to fox

Still time to edit OW 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

lol these have been fine some 4 months on – longer than both of them took to fail 🙂

*touches wood!*

ticsmon

Had the bike upside down with wheel off and can’t get the pikes to make any noise so don’t think it’s them. Time to go back out and listen for it again

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pikes clicking/knocking or is it something else ?’ is closed to new replies.