Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pike U-Turn Air Pressure
  • clowner
    Free Member

Just been resetting the air pressure in my Pike U-Turns and set is to the recommended pressure for my weight (140psi + and -ve)

Not had a chance to ride them yet but cycling them a few times they feel alot stiffer than previously.

What does everyone else run/recommend?

MrOvershoot

I tend to run them @ lower pressures than recommended IIRC mine should be the top set of numbers but I run them 2 settings lower, Just play around till you get full travel while really thumping down off something.

smurf
    Free Member

Seconded.

I went a lot lower than the recommended pressures. I weigh about 10.5 stone as a guide.

I set them by measuring the static sag, although getting the recommended sag of 25% meant silly low pressures when they were new. I've been adding a bit of air into them as they've bedded in a bit.

I keep an eye on the travel (by looking where the dust / mud is wiped to).

smurf

clowner
    Free Member

I think I'll try dropping them 20psi or so then.

I also noticed that when taking the pump off there is quite a drop in pressure when reapplied.

Is this normal – i.e pumped to 140 remove pump and reconnect pressure reading is then 120

nuke

Is this normal – i.e pumped to 140 remove pump and reconnect pressure reading is then 120

Yes

Air filling the pump and, particularly with the -ve chamber, there's not a huge amount of space for air in the chambers anyway.

clowner
    Free Member

So when pumping should I intentionally go over to take account of the air in the pump or is the reading correct and it is just when reconnecting that air is escaping from the chamber and filling the pump hence the lower overall pressure reading?

nuke

is the reading correct and it is just when reconnecting that air is escaping from the chamber and filling the pump hence the lower overall pressure reading

This bit. Before you remove the pump, the actual pressure is shown and not when you've just connected the pump.

bobster
    Free Member

115 +ve and 120 -ve here Pushed Pikes, and approx 12 stone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pike U-Turn Air Pressure’ is closed to new replies.