Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Photoshop help needed.
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

I'm trying to create a triptych of flower images but my rookie knowledge of Photoshop is thwarting me.

I've managed to create a 3472×1224 white background which will be the canvas, allowing three 1024×1024 images with a 100px border around each one. Easy bit…

Now I want to crop out a square section from each source image and resize the cropped section to 1024×1024 – how do I do this bit? I can set the width and height parameters of the crop tool to 1024, but this only seems to give me an arbitrary square selection.

Finally, how do I get the three square selections positioned exactly on the target canvas?

Any help appreciated!

SC

theflatboy
    Free Member

i would do it by cropping the area from the images i want to use, as squares.

then set guides on the destination image at the positions you want, paste the images onto it and then use the transform tool to transform them so they snap to the guides. if that makes sense…

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Cheers theflatboy,

in the interim, I've stumbled upon a solution which seems to work. The cropped images can be resized individually to 1024×1024 and when pasted into the destination canvas, they seem to snap to grid by default, even when using the move tool.

I'll post the results here in a mo…

theflatboy
    Free Member

yeah the edges will snap to alignment with other layers already there so if they're exactly the right proportions already they should line up nicely.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Here you go!

I've tried various different backgrounds – not sure the gradient one shown here works.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Photoshop help needed.’ is closed to new replies.