Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Photograph of an iPhone thief
  • GrahamS

In the spirit of the recent ”Photograph of a bike thief” thread, here’s a nice video of a bloke stealing a ladies iPhone from her bags on the train (2nd Feb, Last train from Waterloo to Weybridge).

He’s filmed and confronted*, but doesn’t seem to care.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hJ65W2xO1c[/video]

(warning: some fairly mild swearing in the video)

* possibly by Murray from Flight? Of The Concords 😀

teasel
    Free Member

Definitely Murray…

letmetalktomark

Fair play.

In all of these instances its clearly good that you said something but if he had had a knife ….

Still good on you though.

monksie
    Free Member

Shouting at the guy? Seriously bitch? Well done for doing something but shouting? I’m surprised phone stealing guy didn’t giggle.
    Take the phone off him, go and get the guard before the train stops, phone the police, stop the guy getting off, stand in the way of the bike….don’t stand there on an empty train and just shout at him.

GrahamS

(Just so we’re clear: not my video, not my whiny voice! 😀 )

skiboy
    Free Member

god that was awful to watch, in utter pain all the way through,

i would rather risk being stabbed than just sit and do nothing of any use like this guy,

mtfu and go for the jugular fast before he know’s what’s happened and has a chance to do something about it
    then gtf out.

GrahamS

mtfu and go for the jugular fast before he know’s what’s happened and has a chance to do something about it then gtf out.

And then you’d be committing the far greater crime of assault while attempting to prevent the petty theft of someone else’s property.

If only Big Man had been on the train…

stumpy01

I was thinking the same thing. It’s all very well to raise your voice and tell him to put it back, but he didn’t really achieve much.

He’d have been better off dialling 999 & getting the police over there, then follow him off the train or something.

Or just grab the phone off the guy. The guy doing the stealing didn’t exactly look like he was up for a ruck.

Hopefully though it will be a regular route for him and he’ll get caught. The bloke should print his pic out and stick posters up at the station with the words “Phone Thief” on the poster….

GrahamS

Hopefully though it will be a regular route for him and he’ll get caught. The bloke should print his pic out and stick posters up at the station with the words “Phone Thief” on the poster….

To be honest he is more likely to catch him with a good viral video.

The press have already started picking it up:
    http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/02/iphone-thief-confronted-in-extremely-british-fashion/

Tom-B
    Free Member

Was the guy filming it Will from the Inbetweeners?

Milkie
    Free Member

He should’ve nicked his bike! 😆

singletrackmind

Where was the person whos phone it was?
    Probably having a Donald in the bogs , but even so .. Shouty blouse could probably be heard all the way to Guildford , pull up yer kecks and get your phone back.
    I would have held onto his bike , fair’s fair .
    Not good enough video to be conclusive , still could be a set up / wind up.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Erm rip it of him and see what he does?

drslow
    Free Member

The filmer did the right thing, last ‘vigilante’ on the train was nearly charged which could have cost him his job etc. Rather than stick posters up he put it on Youtube and the thiefs mugshot is in most UK papers. The thief will get caught soon, innocent person wont get charged and drunk women might even get her bag and phone back. I would say 100% result.

Woody
    Free Member

What a pair of total pricks. I wonder if he knicked the bike too?

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’s a very relaxed thief.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Some comedy gold there!!

JulianA
    Free Member

Britain stinks, doesn’t it.

Welcome: it’s lovely here. Just don’t leave anything lying around…

skiboy
    Free Member

i was going to comment again, but this story is so sad and spineless i won’t bother

simon_g

Yay for internet hardmen. Risk a charge of assualt (or worse, get stabbed) to protect someone else’s phone? I know I wouldn’t.

yunki
    Free Member

bloody cyclists..

mbr30
    Free Member

That was very very frustrating to watch. Wish he had taken the phone off him and used reasonable force to do so.

However, I don’t blame the bloke and he did well to film him.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2108294_caution_and_fine_for_train_video_mobile_phone_thief

The man was handed a caution with conditions that he pay the victim £499, write her a letter of apology and not commit any further offences before June 14 this year.

“Failure to comply with any one of the conditions could result in the caution being cancelled and the man being prosecuted for theft.”

WTF! Struggling to see why he wasn’t prosecuted for theft already!?

duckman

Yup,stealing a £500 phone seems to be getting on from a telling off IMO. Still smug looking wee jobbie was caught and everybody in the small town he lives in will be aware of it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Does seem odd. At least he got done though.

v8ninety

Chances of actually getting the £499 from him anyway? And did she actually get her phone back? Piss poor result; bang to rights, yet virtually gets away with it.

duckman

But if he doesn’t cough up, then he does get done.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d guess he “no longer is in possession” of the phone and the £499 buys her a new one.

Cougar

Chances of actually getting the £499 from him anyway?

Pretty high. The problem is, it’ll be at £5/week for the next two years.

v8ninety

But if he doesn’t cough up, then he does get done.

Assuming that the wheels of justice are greased and efficient. I hope so, but I know several people who have been awarded sums of money from scrotes, and none of them have ever seen a penny…

D0NK

and not commit any further offences before June 14 this year

so he’s ok to commit an offence on the 15th?

cynic-al
    Free Member

No, he just doesn’t get properly done for this one.

convert

You’d hope at this point the rail networks would ban him (and others caught committing offences on their trains and stations) from using their services again partly to reduce the threat to passengers and partly to compound the “punishment” aspect (I know, irony of the thought of being banned from using the rail network being seen as a punishment is not lost on me!) .

That was a difficult video to watch and a bit of a sad reflection on modern life that members of the public had seen wrong done and felt reduced to the impotency of screaming like a banshee rather than more direct action and the offender could cooly sit back and wait for a station.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I doubt banning an individual from the rail system would be workable, even if it is legal.

v8ninety

I doubt banning an individual from the rail system would be workable, even if it is legal.

Difficult to enforce, granted, but no reason why it shouldn’t be legal? Surely it would be broadly similar to banning shoplifters from shops and troublemakers from bars?

Dark-Side

god that was awful to watch, in utter pain all the way through,

i would rather risk being stabbed than just sit and do nothing of any use like this guy,

mtfu and go for the jugular fast before he know’s what’s happened and has a chance to do something about it
    then gtf out.

Awesome.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Photograph of an iPhone thief’ is closed to new replies.