Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • perfect day..?
  • MartynS

Well the sun was cracking the flags in the peaks today. Did a brilliant ride, including some stuff I've never bothered with before. Turns out I've been really missing out!
    so a good 25 mile ride. In fact possibly one of the best rides I've done this year, Pork and apple slice from the woodbine, bacon crisps and a diet coke from the spar, all consumed near the blue john mines looking down the valley. Brilliant

Anyone else with a big smile tonight??

polarisandy
    Free Member

5 1/2 hrs of lakes fun. weather forecast cloudy. reality-> nout but blue skies and sun.

not so much a smile as a grimace after pretty much 4 months off the bike.

MattPhotos
    Free Member

Despite the fact that some idiot ran me off the road and gave me a puncture (in my car) on the way home, I am still smiling from my ride.. roll on the winter riding if this is anything to go by!

the_lecht_rocks

pretty much a perfect day – stripped, lubed and fettled both the HT & FS after a week of glorious dusty trails in Glentress & Innerleithen 😀
    cut my grass and washed our cars and polished mine with 3 stage meguires.
    beers and wine and a homemade curry and NUFC are 3-0 up, and about to eat some homemade sticky toffee pud…..and have another glass of wine.
    and i've got another week off next week…….and the forecast is dry…..

LOL !

simonralli2
    Free Member

5 hours of awesome singletrack at Kirroughtree today and just had my footie top one – a one layer wonder day 😀 Wish I had been wearing my pads though 🙁

DickBarton

I thought you meant this!

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Just back from a couple hours of Wiltshire fun. Dusty tracks and a big low sun,

Top.Dog
    Free Member

Great day at Innerleithen Rockies, followed by a quick blast round traquair xc.

sun shawn all day.

even a small tumble and a twisted mech hanger could not spoil it.

sheldona
    Free Member

Myself and Paddi shredded on Bredon Hill today, fantastic day for it, is it really October next week??

CheesybeanZ

25 miles round the Ridgeway at Wantage with big Ade , the biggest ride
    he's done ..so far 😀

scratch
    Free Member

40 miles of Rhondda awesomness, Bleancwm and Tonypany descents looser than loose!

sc-xc

13 w*nks. With the sound up.

MartynS

13 w*nks. With the sound up.

just the 13….poof

sc-xc

I find if I wink any more, my eye gets tired.

Trimix
    Free Member

Global warming – dont you just love it.

Im going to leave all the leccy on all day from now on.

avdave2

Very nice ride to Eastbourne and back yesterday along the SDW, somewhere around 33 miles at a guess. Fantastic weather for riding and no wind which was great. It was spoilt a bit when my knee went bad above Alfriston on the way back ITB band I reckon and I had to ride the rest of the way using the heel of my right foot. I met a guy called Matthew near Southease who was heading for Winchester and who stopped me to check if he was on the right route. I don't think he had a map and I'm not sure he knew just how far he had to go but he was well equipped for a night out so hopefully he made it ok. He told me that he'd just built the bike up himself and that his mates had suggested he ride it to Winchester and he said he was going to ride back to save the train fare! Well wherever he is now I hope it's all going well and he makes it back to Eastbourne ok.

didmatt
    Free Member

Was riding some lots of nice singletrack yesturday on the NY moors, no riding today 🙁 Its Guisborough Forest tomorrow with some moorland singletrack thrown in.

Will be up the Peak tomorrow.

Hope > Roman Road > The Beast > Rowlee Fm > Lockerbrook > Fire Rd climb > Hagg Fm > round the ressy > up through the woods > Roman Rd back to Hope

DarrenH

I was abandoned by my brother this morning (thanks bro!)
    So thought f*ck it i'll try some new trails in cranham woods,
    never knew there was so many hidden gems up there!
    Excellent stuff!
    And the weather?
    peachy! 😉

samuri
    Free Member

big smile tonight

No.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘perfect day..?’ is closed to new replies.