Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • People with Amazon Kindles
  • ShaunW1973
    Free Member

I’m getting a Kindle for my birthday, and I’d quite like to get a decent case for it to keep it in good nick.

Can anyone recommend one? Is Amazons own case any good?

Ta

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

slightly ot, but i keep my Archos in a Tuff Luv saddleback case. It has a neat slightly beat up look and some well thought out bits, like a stand and pocket for a stylus (i use gameboy stylii, which fit just fine) and offers reasonable protection, but is kind of bulky. if no-one answers with a kindle specific recommendation have a look at this

simon_g

I’ve got a cheapo neoprene sleeve off ebay. Before that turned up, I used a jiffy bag.

The Amazon case does look very nice, it reviews well and it isn’t *that* expensive – it’s only expensive relative to the cost of the device. I wouldn’t balk at paying that for a nice case for a £500 iPhone, and it would use less material.

I’m just wondering if other case manufacturers are allowed to use the little holes on the side of the device as with the Amazon case, or if that’s some patented, protected thing. It’s a much nicer way of doing it than either sticky velcro, loops of elastic or the material coming around the screen like the tuff-luv ones.

tonyg2003

Just playing with my new Kindle. I balked a bit at the Amazon case/cover but it seemed the only option. The case seems well made and is a pleasant thing to hold. Pricy but recommended. Didn’t go for the strange light included version though – I mean 50% of purchase price (non 3G) Kindle!

big_scot_nanny

I looked at what was out there, most of the rest was fairly poo imho.

Went for the kindle cover, does exactly what it says on the tin.

Kev

big_scot_nanny

Meant amazon kindle cover of course. FFS. 🙄

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

The GF wants a cover for hers, but wants a hard-case rather than a leather cover.

Sheriff_Fatman

So long as you’re prepared to pay the price for the Amazon case, it is excellent(in my opinion anyway). Well made, rigid so it offers good protection and sort of woolly lined to prevent scratches/wear on the screen. I also find that it’s easier to hold the kindle with a ‘book’ type cover and there’s also the option of folding it back on itself.
    I got the one with the built in light – I had a Sony Reader before getting the Kindle and found in marginal light it could be difficult to read comfortably. The light on the Kindle case means it’s easier to read, plus as it draws power form the Kindle itself, no batteries to replace or clip-on lights to lose!
    Expensive, but worth it!

Blackhound

Another Amazon Kindle cover user here. As others have said it is quite nice, perhaps expensive but I could not easily see something else that would do the job.

Fueled
    Free Member

Ask yourself if you really need a cover – the screen is already a matte finish, so scratches wont stick out like on a phone screen. And half of the attraction with a Kindle is the fact that it is slim and light.

Personally I think its nuts to spend 1/3 of the value of the kindle on something that makes it fatter and heavier, but might protect the screen…

simon_g

There is that aspect. e-ink screens don’t have glass in them either so should stand up to bending/twisting/impacts that would kill an LCD screen.

I’m just feeling tight and can’t really justify 10x the price of my sleeve on the Amazon case 🙂

ShaunW1973
    Free Member

Ask yourself if you really need a cover – the screen is already a matte finish, so scratches wont stick out like on a phone screen. And half of the attraction with a Kindle is the fact that it is slim and light.

I am the clumsiest man alive. Seriously. I lost my iPhone by leaving it on the roof of the car, that’s just the latest in many clumsy episodes. The Kindle will need protecting, from me.

Cletus

I have the Amazon case with light. It is expensive but means that I can read in bed without moans from me bird so worth it just for that. Overall a quality bit of (overpriced) kit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘People with Amazon Kindles’ is closed to new replies.