Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Peebles locals: Manor valley to Megget resr
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

Looking into a route that goes over to Megger resr then back over the Thiefs road to Dollar Law, Pykestone hill, etc.

I know if from Dollar Law back to Peebles, I was up there last night, but what's it like from Manor over to Megget, and from there back up to Dollar Law??

chickenman

There's a route called "A fistfull of dollars" in the Bikefax South of Scotland guide; the bad news is that you've done the best riding on that route already; Dollar Law descent to Megget really dissapointing, re-ascent from Megget dam OK, but nothing special (double track to Foulbrig then down NW to meet Manor road end).
    THE ride in the area IMO is: Up Innerleithen XC, east along SUW to 3 Bretheren, through gate and amazing descent to Selkirk, along road to Yarrowford, up Minchmoor Road to finish down Inners XC. 5hrs 50km and 1300m ascent.

AntM
    Free Member

what chickenman said +1

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Instead of what chickenman says forget the road part and go round duchess drive instead.

singlespeedstu

SBZ.

Will you be in that area from the 9th October. We're there for a week and looking for route advice. 😉

chriswilk
    Free Member

I know the SUW to 3 brethren, and the gypsy glen one.
    Looking for possibilities when a few mates come up this way.
    I was thinking of going up the Manor road, over to Megget and then up Dollar law to get the good descent all the way down the ridge.
    Then doing the 3 brethren the next day.

chriswilk
    Free Member

SBZ – where is Dutchess drive?

May do just what I did last night. Over to Stobo, up the road to Drumelzier, then up to Pykestone hill and back down the scrape, etc.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Goes through Bowhill Estate and brings you out near Yarrowford. Have a search on Google and you'll get a few descriptions of it. The Merida uses it.

br
    Free Member

You need Pete Laing, also a few meet up in Selkirk in the square one evening in the week – Tuesday?

Ask on here, someone will know.

chriswilk
    Free Member

think there has been a change of plan.
    Idea now is to start around Selkirk, head to St Mary's Loch and the Tibbie Shiels for lunch, then over to Peebles for the night. Next day will be glentress then the 3 brethren.

Only bit I don't know is Selkirk to the Tibbie Shiels. Any route options for that??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Peebles locals: Manor valley to Megget resr’ is closed to new replies.