• This topic has 458 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 459 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM
  • binners

Have a great run today you lot! It’s a perfect day for it!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh still in Ashbourne…. 😳

tuffty
    Free Member

Gutted that I’m working today, hopefully I can make the next one.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

We’ll I really hope it was as good as the weather looked. I got stuck behind an old sod in a rover 45 and then got caught at the road closures so I arrived at the car park at 10:20! Totally frustrated after 2.5hours in the car. I remember why the peak is such an arse now. Do enjoy guys.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m the first back to the pub, top ride but I’m dead

hora
    Free Member

Any pics???

Sandwich

Pics once I’m home (Ipswich). Don’t hold your breath!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Back home, bikes washed, log burner on and sitting with a huge mug of tea having had a great day.

That was the usual excellent fun, so thanks to Pook et al for organising another fun ride out with some great folks – Jules I will drop you a note about a Marple ride.

Also a big thanks to those who made Joe so welcome he’s a bit broken but lining up a 3 hour soak in the bath, and keen to get out again next weekend.

Rich your lad was brilliant, heaven help the rest of us when he gets into his stride.

Also good to meet a few new faces in the pub afterwards, and the cake was exceptional.

Already looking forward to the next one. 😀

EDIT: Podge – using the car for the last half mile deserves serious penalty points!

nbt

Enjoyed the ride, nice to see faces both old and new. Home now but it was more of a battle than the ride as I had no power steering.

pics later possibly, need to some some interweb research abuot fixing my car and get a big cup of tea

not necessarily in that order

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pook, thanks for putting another one together. Can’t believe how many people turned out.

Now, where’s that internet picture of someone herding cats?

nbt

Onza, cheers for “volunteering” for leader duties on the Less Slow bunch, loks like we got the split about right as they arrived back at the car park about 10 minutes after we did. SOrry you didn;t make it to the pub, I was going to buy you a pint to say cheers – I owe you one next time

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Great weather, company and great nice day all round.

crazy-legs

Top day out: weather was lovely, good company and a really nice ride.

simmy
    Free Member

What an introduction to the Peaks !!!

Thanks to Pook for looking after us all and organising, really didn’t feel like the pub at the end as I’d woke up feeling crap as I’d not slept well after hearing about the sudden passing away of a colleague yesterday 😐 but I am glad I came along.

Home now just chilling on the sofa with the dogs – I’ve some photos I will upload in a bit.

nbt

The first of a small selection of very badly taken snaps

Peaks pootle 1 Dec 2013 by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

in which we see how an 8 year old boy on a road bike put many grown adults to shame

More:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/n_b_t/archives/date-taken/2013/12/01/

bigdean

Great day, only just got there in time (pulled into thr carpark) at 10:00! Quick change, forgot knee pads, off we went.

The not so fast, fast group had a good ride assimulated a few riders for a bit and helped fix two punchers for people not riding with us?

Lots of nice cake and a pint, perfect post ride food

bowie278
    Free Member

What a brilliant day. Big thanks to Pook and his team for the organising and route guidance. Gorgeous weather and great company. Thanks folks!

Tracey

Thanks for a great day out, we all enjoyed it. I never get bored of the Peak, the trails are ever changing.

Bikes are washed and fettled, washing is done and Ive just had a long soak in the bath.

Sorry we missed the pub but we needed to get back as we have a meal booked for Kevins 57th birthday.

richpips
    Free Member

Ace ride out. Thanks for organising Pook. Tom is looking forward to the next one. 🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Brilliant day, thank you pook & co – can’t wait for the next one

toxicsoks
    Free Member

8 year old boy on a road bike

– Gets the “Sox” award for rider of the day. The way he put down those adults telling him to put his drinks bottle into his back pocket in order to shoulder his bike over some steep stuff, was awesome – “I’m only little so how do I get a 750ml bottle in my back pocket?” – awesome ++++! 😀

dawson

Great ride today, cheers to Pook for organizing.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Goes off into a dark corner after being reminded about being told off/put down by the 8 year old!
    He will go a long way if he keeps the riding up!
    Enjoyed my first pootle and will try to make others in the future, thanks again Pook.

brokensoul
    Free Member

in which we see how an 8 year old boy on a road bike put many grown adults to shame

I’ll get my own back on the next one. 😳

Cheers, boyz and girlz, great day out.

Pook

Jules, Steve, mark and Paul – thanks so much for your assistance today. Big, daft task made all the more easy with your help. Never again though!

Everyone, really glad you all had fun – hopefully I shared some good trails with you and you had a bit of a natter with the others in the group.

Like everyone else I bow down to the lad on the cx bike. Skilled on a bike and skilled with the banter. He’ll go far!

Onzadog
    Free Member

“Never again though”

Sure you said that after the last one as well. 😉

Happy to help. Can’t imagine anyone wanting to manage 60 odd riders single handed (some were more odd than others).

uphilla
    Free Member

BIG thanks Pook and all those involved – great day, good folk to chat with. A truly inclusive ride! Managed a day in the Peaks without falling off, so feeling very positive!

Pook kept (externally) calm despite the numbers!

This picture sort of says “pootle” 🙂

Hells

Looks like you had a great day out, just sorry I couldn’t make it!!!

sacktwist
    Free Member

Big thank you to the chaps who put on the ride today. Must have been daunting with such a large group but you had us well organised. Everyone I met today was really friendly too and gates rule was superb especially on the Jagger downhill at the end. Cheers everyone!

hora
    Free Member

On that last pic ^ looks awesome. Jealous of Manchester 😀

Sandwich

Thanks to Pook for the organisation, the rest of you for making me feel welcome. A worthwhile use of a Sunday. Now to get stuck into more cake and tea. Pics will take a little while to sort and upload, watch this space.

guydsigns
    Free Member

1st timer ere would like to say a big thanks to organising a truely enjoyable day out, perfect weather, great to meet such a happy bunch and randomness off cake much appreciated, look forward to next time

brokensoul
    Free Member

That last pic ^ “sort of says” Fat old bloke holding the rest up.
    😉

Pook

Just totted up – the collection made £48.18 which I will donate to edale mountain rescue service

Thank you for your generosity

LoveTubs
    Free Member

…finally stopped drinking tea!

Having been the victim of decorating torture (all summer), being out today with such a fine bunch of humans was very much appreciated. Much thanks to Pook for setting it all up, the group leaders and an esp. thx the gate ‘keepers’ who made the ups and downs even more ‘wild’.

Rich, chatting with your lad and watching him negotiate the challenges was brills – so wish my two could have seen him, what a tough guy. Likewise, the beautiful lady with the large wheels and stiff front end was equally impressive – I’m so inadequate on my full bouncer(ish).

Crazylegs; you’re just a loony on that thing, thanks for nearly giving me a MI when you ‘flashed’ passed me climbing out of jaggers on the way home.

Dreadlock Wheelie Man (again, didn’t catch your handle or name…sorry) – legend, as discussed on the bridge I did try and copy your amazing bunny-hop-jump-tail-flick thing, but instead of leaving the ground I just looked like I was fitting.

Gent from South Kilworth,post up when your gang is out again as I’d love to cycle the routes around my old stomping-ground.

Gent from Long-Buckby – great to share some mud and equally interesting dialogue with you 🙂

Cake was uber nice, esp. the ginger (in car park) and the lemon drizzle (in pub) – didn’t catch your ‘handle’ but nice one for bringing it along.

Can’t wait until next time…awesome.

PS: What about a nocturnal pootle-ette spin-off, say Mon or Thurs eves?

dazh

Another Pootle first timer here and it lived up to the expectations (good ones that is). Thanks to Pook and the others for organising/leading/counting/arranging the weather etc. Next time I shall remember that it’s a ‘pootle’ and drive to the location rather than stupidly ride there from home.

jag61

got to add great day out thanks to pook and others. I will try to post up the oreo brownie recipe soon nomm nom
    John

jag61

broken soul
    it does that but they would have had to get past me first, and … we are NOT AT THE BACK 😆

brokensoul – Member

That last pic ^ “sort of says” Fat old bloke holding the rest up.

Nah, they’d be nailing it to his left if they felt they were being held up…

brokensoul
    Free Member

they’d be nailing it

Indeed, John (jag61) behind me, was just about to launch an attack. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 459 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 1ST, 10AM’ is closed to new replies.