Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 619 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: 14th July – it's been a while
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Dodders (on the cube) flatted a Hans dampf with inner tube on the last decent.

Me and the wife were both running nevegal 2.1 ust on flow rims and faired well.

Chrissyj was on conti rq-bc-ust on flow tubeless and survived.

andeh

I sometimes get a bit bored when It’s just one descent after another on a video……I thought I’d mix them up a bit 8)

allthegear
    Free Member

Minion DHF dual ply on the front, tubeless. Swalbe Rocket Ron on the back, with one of them tube things in, whilst I get around to replacing the rim…

No punctures, but then I ran the same in Morzine last year and didn’t have punctures there, either. I guess I’m just lucky that way (or not riding hard enough!!!)

Oh – and the Rohloff was amazingly brilliant!!! (sorry if I offended your ears, Hora!)

Rachel

fathomer

Tubed Nobby Nics, I pinched the rear coming down pindale and do the same on most rides with a bit of rock involved.

Need new tyres so I can set them up tubless as the current sidewalls are ****! Can’t decide which tyres to get though!

Pook

Rachel, hora offends peoples’ eyes so call it karma.

allthegear
    Free Member

This forum so needs a like button on occasion… 😉

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I can’t believe I’ve been trying to link up with one of your Pootles for over, what 5 years now 😯

They ALWAYS fall when I’ve got the children *bashing head against the wall smiley*

hora
    Free Member

Pook are you glad I stayed quiet and hidden mainly on Sat?

Someone even commented that I’m quieter in person/real life. :mrgreen:

I’d try a Rodolholf (smashes keyboard to enable spelling) – the only issue is the cost/outlay for me.

Pook

I missed you you hunk of love you

bigdean

“onward Julian. Tally ho!” had thinking we were some sort of mock fox hunt.

uphilla
    Free Member

Well done Pook! The pootles look like a lot of fun and it is great that you include “all abilities”. I did think I might be ‘too old’, but will try to make the next outing and see how it goes.
    Have enjoyed following the banter and watching the videos – Chest mounts are new to me, but seem a much better option.
    I recognize some of the route from videos – think it is roughly what is shown below.

Bunnyhop

Ah but some of us had mechanical failure and many punctures a few days before the pootle, so it would have been most unfortunate to have even more on the day.

Chest mounts are new to me, but seem a much better option.

tollah didn’t need a chest mount he rested it on his wok -runs away fast and hides.

Bregante

From what people said at the time and on this thread we had:

at least four punctures
    a snapped bar end
    a broken mech hanger
    two broken spokes
    a broken pedal
    a blown damping cartridge

Anything else?

And in fairness, 1 of the punctures, the broken spokes, the broken mech hanger and the broken pedal were all down to one rider. It really, really is time he got a new bike (the fugly Marin tied together with bits of shoelace :wink:)

nbt

I recognize some of the route from videos – think it is roughly what is shown below.

that link ain’t working, but h4muf posted a link to the route on his Strava further up the thread. It was Edale – Chapel Gate – Sunken Track – along rushups edge on the closed road – past Rowter Farm – Dirtlow Rake – Pin dale – Hope – Roman Road – Hope Cross – Jaggers Clough – Edale – Cake – pub

tollah
    Free Member

tollah didn’t need a chest mount he rested it on his wok -runs away fast and hides.

Ahem……….That’s what helps me with momentum on the descents BH

hora
    Free Member

Could we have a dads/early techy pootle next? 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Binners has been banned he said. What happened?!

Pook

from pootles?

hora
    Free Member

From stw

chrissyj
    Free Member

Fork is off to Mojo as we speak… And the excuse to upgrade to 36′ s deepens! Also will be forking out (get it) on some good flats… Any suggestions folks?

Pook

500!

nbt

Game of darts anyone?

mintimperial

Could we have a dads/early techy pootle next?

I’d be very interested in this. A 10am set off basically means I’ve wiped out a whole day’s worth of brownie points by the time I get back. A home-for-the-afternoon early start (7am or even earlier is fine) would be right up my street. Not that I’m complaining about the normal pootle arrangements, you understand…

For the record I was running old non-tubeless Nobby Nics tubeless on Crests (if you see what I mean) and I had no punctures. Must’ve sacrificed the right chicken and got the pentagram perfectly aligned when I put them on this time.

uphilla
    Free Member

that link ain’t working,

Sorry, can’t seem to do images today 🙁

Could we have a dads/early techy pootle next?

sounds good to me 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Mintimperial in one. If a ride finishes c11.30am Im laughing plus it means a smaller group. NO negativity meant and you all know I cant ride for toffee so no snobbery.

I was up at 4am Sat, not because evilhorajunior was but…

I EXPECT him to be awake at that time

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Noun 1. dad – an informal term for a fatherdad – an informal term for a father; probably derived from baby talk

Adj. 1. techy – easily irritated or annoyed; “an incorrigibly fractious young man”; “not the least nettlesome of his countrymen”

So a ride for grumpy blokes with kids?
    I’m in. 😀

hora
    Free Member

😆

Pook

Oh shut up you old wet farts.

I’m normally awake at 5.50am anyway so yeah a 7am start is fine.

I’ll ‘last minute’ plan one soon.

Whinging sods.

Should have kept it in your pants.

😀

hora
    Free Member

Cool

Onzadog
    Free Member

If anyone does suggest pedals for Chrissyj, just remember they need to br gold. I suggested the dmr vault but they’re not in “her” colour.

chrissyj
    Free Member

Oooh gold….

chrissyj
    Free Member

I think the vaults in black might suffice!!

Xar
    Free Member

I know some people have a love/hate relationship with Superstar, but i use their nano pedals and they stood up to a few rock strikes on sat plus added bonus of being availble in gold.

nbt

7 am start? Even on a weekday I’m still in bed, may alarm goes off at 7. There are certain advantages to being childless, and lie-ins are a large part of that.

I anyone fancies a techy ride round marple, I can do you an evening ride (in good weather, these trails need to be dry)

monogramman
    Free Member

I managed to slash the sidewall of a bog standard folding Ardent coming down Dirtlow rake? Running tubless.

First ever incident with that tyre in 14 months, replaced today with an exo version.

hora
    Free Member

745 faff for a 8 start. 7 is a bit hardcore.

Hells

Any chance of posting the recipe for the apple & date cake!! It was Lovely & I’m thinking about making some this weekend! Thanks 😀

nbt

Bunnyhop’s off for a ride with MartynS and Solarpowered, I’ll get her to post it tonight

Hells

Excellent, thank you!! 😀

Pook

hora – mtfu

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 619 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: 14th July – it's been a while’ is closed to new replies.