Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Peak district riding
  • bavariangaz
    Free Member

Does anyone have a PDF or map of some rides in the peak district they could kindly send me. Looking to head up on Thursday, particuarly area around Leak/Buxton. Don’t mind a bit of route finding/adventuring
    Cheers!!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

check your mail

jeffl

Having moved up here a few years ago I got a copy of “White Peak Mountain Biking: The Pure Trails” (http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Peak-Mountain-Biking-Trails/dp/0954813146)

Not sure what it’s got around Leek/Buxton as that’s the wrong side for me. May be worth perusing a copy to see what they have in that neck of the woods.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

thats what i have sent as PDF’s

If you are limited to Leek/Buxton, I reckon I’d be heading over Macc Forest way (even though I’ve not ridden there yet).

Ideally though, you want to be heading over to Edale/Hope

AlexSimon

Will you be riding in the evening or daytime?

bavariangaz
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies!! Just need to choose a route now

bavariangaz
    Free Member

Daytime, looking to head up early morning. So probably start around 9 hopefully

AlexSimon

I asked because there are some good cheekies around The Roaches. Best not done during the day.
    A good ride can be had around macc forest, Cumberland clough and three shires.
    Or as others have said, the classic dark or light peak routes are always winners.

bigdean

When we stayed at leek caravan site made a route up with an os map, along the main road to buxton the turn off climb over the hill and picking up bridle ways as i went eventualy joined on of the routes from the white peak book.
    Was a bloody hard ride boggy fields, every gate 3″ deep in cow crap and poorly marked bridelways.

A nice change from the dark peak and cant wait to go back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Peak district riding’ is closed to new replies.