Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Pay to leave car on your driveway for few days? Winchester, SDW content…
  • Poopscoop

Riding sdw over 3 days. Wild camping on way.

Anyone kind enough to let me leave my car on their drive from tomorrow till Tuesday?

Will pay with beer tokens or give money to a charity of your choice.

Sorry,a big ask. My last “window” to ride sdw before winter closes in.

Really need to ride The Way. Life is complex these days as a career for my mother and might not get an opportunity next year.

If anyone can help here is my email addy.

Thanks for reading guys. Sorry again for the massive ask.

finnboy 2000 @ gmail DOT com

richen987
    Free Member

I live in just outside Southampton, but train station at bottom of hill, 10mins to Winch on train, about £3.50.
    more than welcome to leave your car at mine for the weekend if you get stuck otherwise.
    cheers
    Rich

ibnchris

Have you tried ‘JustPark’ – it’s a website that has a load of driveways etc

Poopscoop

Thanks Rich, will see if anyone closer is able to help, if not ill get back to you.

Thanks again!

singletrackmind

I am riding most of the SDW tomorrow, but trying Eastbourne to Harting Down.
    So if you see an old man going very slowly on a white Trek FS / Black Lid that will be me.

Poopscoop

singletrackmind – Member

I am riding most of the SDW tomorrow, but trying Eastbourne to Harting Down.
    So if you see an old man going very slowly on a white Trek FS / Black Lid that will be me.

Similar here, just massively overbiked and going very slowly too. lol

Will check that site out guys.

TBH would sooner leave it with an STWer really though.

ibnchris

Yeah, fair enough. I used it a couple of times in Brighton and it worked out OK. But always nice to leave with a fellow biker – especillat if it means a nice cup of tea and bike geek out 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m probably a little too far from Winchester/SDW to be of any use, I’m afraid, but I’ve taken the liberty of linking this to the Hampshire thread, in case anyone on there can help!

Hampshire Riding

thomthumb
    Free Member

plenty of on street parking in harestock. it’s about 5-10 minutes ride from SDW.

Poopscoop

Thanks for continued help guys!

Harestock, no permit parking or anything then bud?

dovebiker

Bottom end of Petersfield Road in Winchester, its the dead-end residential road that has no parking restrictions and is on the route, left car there a few times. There are yellow lines towards the city centre.

Poopscoop

Yes,Petersfield/ fivefields looks good! Just checked them out on Google maps.
    Thanks!

cobrakai

I’m in Bishops Waltham and have space on the driveway. Easy cycle from here onto the SDW.

curto80
    Free Member

You’d be very welcome. PM me for address etc

curto80
    Free Member

Ps: getting on a plane in an hour so before that pls!

Poopscoop

Curtis, emailed you but think I was too late.

Been messing around with the bike in preparation for the ride.

Cobrakai… I’ll be starting at the cathedral and I think your a fair miles from there? Sorry to sound like a wimp but I bed to save all the energy I can for the sdw. 🙂

Thank you so much for the offer though, genuinely appreciated my friend!

Poopscoop

OK guys, all sorted now and thanks again.

Will put a thread up of my progress! 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Glad you’re sorted. I just parked at the station, can pay on your phone. Not the cheapest, but zero hassle.

cobrakai

You’re more than welcome. Enjoy it!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Pay to leave car on your driveway for few days? Winchester, SDW content…’ is closed to new replies.