Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pay as you go web access? Who's the best value?
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

As above really, any suggestions? Don’t need calls just data 🙂

jeffl

Now that the majority of web access is via cable of ADSL most providers have a minimum contract of 12-24 months and a fixed monthly cost for a certain amount of data i.e. 40GB. I don’t think anyone really does PAYG broadband.

A few people may still do PAYG dial-up but you’ll still need a phone line with a minimum contract, usually 12-24 months.

If you’re talking about mobile broadband there are various options around. Again though I don’t think anyone does PAYG. Most will do a sim only deal which will give you xMB or GB per month for a fixed monthly fee.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Most mobile networks do PAYG mobile broadband for around the £15/3GB mark, but they are slow.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

t mobile do a 3mb stick for £45 including 3 months data, after that it’s £15/month. About twice as fast in 3g/HPDSA than my current wired connection

Cletus

I have recently bought a T-Mobile dongle with 3 months Internet access for £40. Very impressed – good management utility and (relatively) small dongle. Speed seems ok – not as fast as ADSL for downloads but for general browsing the difference is not really noticeable.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-broadband/pay-up-front/

MrNutt
    Free Member

I only need a sim as the netbook has a sim slot that works a treat, used to have unlimited on O2 but they appeared to have canned that?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pay as you go web access? Who's the best value?’ is closed to new replies.