Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Paternity leave – what am I entitled to?
  • AB
    Free Member

In full time employment.

Anyone know what I get from my company and or the state?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It is all HERE…

When I say 'all' I mean 'what little there is'.

AB
    Free Member

The current rate is £123.06 a week or 90 per cent of your average weekly earnings, if that is less.

WTF!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep… Most decent companies will pay you in full, but they don't have to – but they ARE obliged to allow you the time away from work.

bigdawg
    Free Member

depends on your company policy – mine (which Ill be taking next week) is 2 weeks on full pay..

uplink
    Free Member

We pay 2 weeks @ full pay + we match any holiday entitlement taken like for like
    so if someone took paternity leave & 2 weeks holiday, they'd be off on full pay for 6 weeks

GrahamS

I particularly love this wonderfully concise sentence:

"To qualify for leave, you must have been with your employer for at least 26 weeks by the end of the 15th week before the start of the week when the baby is due."

donald
    Free Member

"To qualify for leave, you must have been with your employer for at least 26 weeks by the end of the 15th week before the start of the week when the baby is due."

= "To qualify for leave, you must have been with your employer when you got her up the duff"

steviegil
    Free Member

I got 2 week's on full pay but my wife got 9 month's(up to a year now) on the statutory pay (which is above) as she work's for the council and they are as tight as 2 coat's of paint!!

GrahamS

= "To qualify for leave, you must have been with your employer when you got her up the duff"

Yep, if they put it like that then I wouldn't have needed to draw a diagram to understand it 😀

darrell
    Free Member

you get 2 weeks at full pay right after the sprog is born and then anytime in the first 1-2 years you get 10 weeks leave at full pay. oh sorry, thats in Norway not the UK

AB
    Free Member

I only get 2 days full pay from my employer.

GrahamS

you get 2 weeks at full pay right after the sprog is born and then anytime in the first 1-2 years you get 10 weeks leave at full pay. oh sorry, thats in Norway not the UK

Well if you ignore the pay aspect then we're not really that far behind.

2 weeks paternity leave at statutory pay and a total of up to 13 weeks unpaid parental leave for each of your children up until their fifth birthday.

stuey
    Free Member

My employer tried to count the time my SO was in hospital, as part of my paternity. Granny came to stay so I delayed it for 2 weeks.

firestarter
    Free Member

i got four days full pay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Paternity leave – what am I entitled to?’ is closed to new replies.