Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Patching render – builderist/decoratorist input required
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

We have just had some new balustrades fitted to to the outside of my mums house.
    Where the old balustrades were fitted to the house the render has come off – I haven’t seen it yet but I’m guessing that the size of the damage might be about 8″ x 1.5″ deep.
    Other than mixing up sand/cement is there anything else that will make a good job of patching this?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

cooler weather and mixing in a good helping of pva. You don’t want it to go off too quickly.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Sorry, badly worded……. what i should have asked was are there any good products out there that I can just add water to and use?

faint
    Free Member

2 coats (2nd about 1/4″ thick), both with waterproofer ad mix, scratch first coat. one coat should be stronger than the other i.e. 4:1 instead of 5:1, pretty sure the top coat is the stronger mix. A lot of people do a 3 part mix, plastering sand:cement:lime, I’ve never added lime in the patching I’ve done and haven’t had any problems. Make sure the base you are rendering is really clean and pva sealed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Patching render – builderist/decoratorist input required’ is closed to new replies.