Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pastey Howler – anyone?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Spotted this Titanium frame on eBay yesterday (was watching it thinking maybe I'd snaffle it up for a bargain price, sold at 'Buy it now' for £370 though, guessing this was a bargain?). Never heard of Pastey, can't find much on the web about them, so wondering if any STW'ers have one?

nuke

I remember Pastey…their steel frame had great reviews but the ti Howler got an absolutely awful review in WhatMTB. It wasn't so much the ride but the construction iirc although it may not have been a production frame. Personally I thought the review was a little harsh but then equally you'd have expected Pastey to check the frame over before sending it off for review. Shame. Wonder if Pastey is still around?

ojom
    Free Member

Think Tree Magnet has one… or had one. a long time since i heard him mention it mind…

rOcKeTdOg

didn't they all break or have some issue?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I had one; I had one of the 853 versions, too.

It was a good frame that was damned by a harsh review. If you ingored the received wisdom, it rode well. It had plain gauge tubes that dulled the sensation of Ti slightly, but it was a good solid titanium frame.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Still got my Howler Ti. They had an issue with the pre production frame that was sorted for the production run. However I think the bad review killed the company off.

Mines been fine. Running a 100mm fox fork on it with a light build and been plowing it through the Dorset mud as my winter bike. Springy (although as above, not as much as a butted frame), light and dependable. 4 years on and no problems.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pastey Howler – anyone?’ is closed to new replies.