Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PassPortes Accommodation
  • karatemonkey
    Free Member

So I have finally plucked up the courage and registered for the PassPortes event, I couldn’t get Morzine or Les Gets as a start point so am starting from Avoriaz.

Can anyone suggest any good bike friendly accommodation for Avoriaz, preferably will free parking.

Any advice on event itself greatly appreciated too

cheers

J

chakaping
    Free Member

You could always stay in Morzine and drive up on the morning of the event.

beanum

If you do stay in Morzine you could try these people, we stayed with them once but that was in winter:
    Oop Alley

As for the event, wear leg protection at least, take the biggest grippiest tyres you can fit into your frame and expect to pedal uphill quite a bit to get to Chatel (I think). Skip the Torgon loop unless you’re really fast/fit and ahead of schedule as it’s not unheard of for the day to finish off with a big thunderstorm..

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

There are so many places on the internet it depends how many of you are going, how much you watn to pay, the tourist information sites are great though with everything you need. You’ll have a great time.

nickf
    Free Member

You could always stay in Morzine and drive up on the morning of the event

Better yet, you could drive up on the morning, register there, then start from Morzine. There’s a lot more accomodation and you have more chance of getting back into town if running late.

A couple of tips

– You don’t need a DH bike but DH tyres are a good idea

– Start early. It’s a long day, and you can get some big queues

– It’s really tempting to stay a long while at all of the rest stops, but I’d save that for the later part of the day. You are a bit against the clock.

– There’s a fair amount of climbing, so beware a full-facer and too much armour. The more you pare back, the greater the care you need to have on the DH sections. You can avoid these, obviously, but that to me is a bit of a waste.

– If you’re starting from Morzine, do the SuperMorzine leg first.

– Book a restaurant for Saturday night otherwise you’ll never get anywhere to eat.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PassPortes Accommodation’ is closed to new replies.