Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Pass the tissues, would you?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    Harry_the_Spider

Needs a seat.

sweepy
    Free Member

That needs a coat of hammerite

Alex

Is that the answer to ‘what would goldfinger ride?’ 😉

iolo
    Free Member

You masterbate over a gold bike with bendy seatstays? How odd.

mintimperial

Little bit ostentatious, that, yeesh.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can you put it in the right forum, this one is mountain bike, there is a whole other deviant one over at grit.cx

Mackem

Going into the woods?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Pass me the Kale smoothie more like, will look totes dench with a beard, snood, flannel shirt combo, skin walls splart 😉

scaredypants

not sure you’d even get a tissue between the stays and the tyre

I’m oot

devash
    Free Member

No clearance for big rubber. I’m out.

wrecker
    Free Member

You masterbate over a gold bike with bendy seatstays? How odd.

ooooh. I thought it was making him cry.

samuri
    Free Member

It’s very nice.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow, gopping.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Now then, now then, how’s about that then.

ononeorange

Horrible. And no mud clearance.

bikebouy
    Free Member

*Likes*

But then you knew I would din’t you.

Ambrose

Sorry to be a party pooper, but if I was to buy a frame like this I’d expect that the brazing was done level- it looks to be that the seatstays are mismatched. I’m probably wrong- surely no framebuilder would mess up that badly.

iolo
    Free Member

That’s a complete bargain at £2,275.19 for the standard frame.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Well its prettier than that spesh diverge at least 😉

rOcKeTdOg

rear tub is glued on the wrong way round

Euro
    Free Member

rear tub is glued on the wrong way round

Yeah, that put me off my stroke. Gimme a few minutes and i’ll try again.

robj20
    Free Member

Needs suspension fore and aft, bigger tyres, a dropper post and thats just to start with.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Interesting….

I often run my rear tyres with the wider edge of the knobbles facing “forward” ie to get better drive against soft ground you want the flat edge first. Seems sensible?

Stays, maybe this allows larger tube diameters if they’re not symmetrical?
    Asymmetry is an overlooked design tool.

Having said all that, it’s not my cup of trees in the slightest!

nickc

Not for me, I do like the battery mount solution for Di2 that they’ve come up however.

slowoldman

An acquired taste I suspect.

MoreCashThanDash

It would be dull if we all liked the same thing.

*logs on to image of Donhou Signature. Warms hands on thighs….*

bigblackshed

That is gopping with a capital GUH.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Anything Speedvagen makes is absolutely lovely.

(Apart from the dark green one in the link)

lemonysam
    Free Member

How terribly “New Money”.

slowoldman

Nope. Don’t like that one either.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Over priced generic tosh for the uber cool people, on that note “I’m out”

finbar
    Free Member

First bike in this thread is the colour of my nan’s Yaris.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I like it, but was expecting a pic of Rachel Atherton!

jimster01

Seat stay waaay too bendy, looks like the rear tyre needs to be flat before you can drop the back wheel out.

hooli

Horrid looking thing

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Over priced generic tosh for the uber cool people, on that note “I’m out”

that would be Ritte, lovely paint jobs that add £1200 value to a £400 open-mould frame

from
    http://nyvelocity.com/node/6909

NYVC: Sounds like an ideal background for a bike designer.

I finally sought a more practical career path and went into advertising I learned not only how to design and market a product but also how to find voids in a marketplace.

At least they’re honest…

mrblobby
    Free Member

They do seem to do a very pretty job of it…

Not open mould according to this response from the designer…

Spencer Canon here. Designer of the Ace. Rumors are a bit like whac-a-mole, and the open mold assumption is something that began many many years ago on a few forums and since maintained by a vocal few. Fact is, no Ritte frames are open mold. The closest we came was in the very beginning, 6 years ago, with the original Bosberg. Technically even that wasn’t “open,” as we bought the molds after they’d already been used to produce some frames for Pedal Force (unbeknownst to us)… those good intentions but bad luck on our part has led to radically disproportionate amount of vitriol regarding the source of all our frames since. Now, there’s nothing at all unique about buying a previous company’s molds (or in this case, a new factory’s proof of quality frame design), but nine out of ten bike brands in our position simply just lie about it. We chose to be honest… a decision that I stand behind, but a decision that certainly lacked business savvy. Well, at least I can sleep at night.

Since the original Bosberg, the Vlaanderen, Ace and all our other frames are designed by and unique to us (including the customs we made here in California and the other quality steel and alloy frames we make in Taiwan).

As for the Ace, it’s been in development for several years now. I began the design by first carving the frame out of clay. We’re very proud of the Ace and I’m sure any of you who get a chance to see and ride it in person, we’ll see why we feel that way.

MoreCashThanDash

Lovely paint job?

Sadly my google-fu on a smart phone means I have failed to post a link to the downtube of the Donhou Signature Steel….

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Not open mould according to this response from the designer…

I’ll try find the links but on another forum they pretty much admitted to using open mould frames and justified it as keeping the cost down

mid post edit

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=124444&page=2

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12957181&p=18721426

Hey everybody,
    I’m Spencer from Ritte Cycles. Saw this conversation unfolding and thought I’d clear up the confusion. I believe there is too much smoke and mirrors in the carbon frame world, with most manufactures treating the origins of their bikes like shameful family secrets. Fact is almost everyone of you, no matter how proud you are of your BH or Colnago or Cervelo, are riding a frame made in one of a few Chinese factories. But that doesn’t make them bad bikes, it actually makes them great bikes. China knows how to do carbon.

Pedal Force is a brand that buys large quantities of a factory’s bare frames. Other brands have been similarly close to Pedal Force as well, a few years ago it was a Fondriest, though most people don’t call Fondriests “generics.” Fact is, the Bosberg is not a CG1 (just look at the chainstays), though they do share the same designer.

Our goal with Ritte is to supply racers and serious roadies the best possible bikes for a price that’s just high enough that we can stay in business. One way we accomplished this was by partnering with a Taiwanese company that specializes in designing carbon frames. They have worked with some of the most coveted brands on the market, and we were lucky enough to work with them to develop the Bosberg. The design company holds the rights to the design and own the molds, and we don’t have to pay for them, which means our customers don’t have to pay for them. Of course, since we don’t have exclusive rights, companies like PF can purchase frames made from the same mold. So maybe this year’s Bosberg will indeed be next year’s PF. It’s either that, or the Bosberg ends up costing $3,200 instead of less than $1800.

Possibly an early response but they admitted in your link to using someone else’s mould, they just argued semantics about what “open mould” meant (given Pedal Force sell cheap chinese carbon frames in the US and Ritte used the same mould but added $1K to the asking price).

Looks like its changed for their newer stuff, though.

Anyway I see Start Cycles seem to have started carrying Ritte so I’m waiting til they get reduced by 70% like everything else they sell… 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Pass the tissues, would you?’ is closed to new replies.