Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Party like it's 1984…
  • Cougar

Entertainment for tonight:

Drac

Paperboy.

matt_outandabout

Where is the flipping like button?

Cougar

Paperboy.

I’ve just banned you for a week.

Drac

Oh shit it’s Trashman.

CHB

Oh, it’s one of those computers you got when your parents wouldn’t spend the extra for a Commodore 64. 😉 [to be fair, I thought it was Paperboy too!].

dudeofdoom

Ahh but its not a computer 😛

dudeofdoom

But I did have the real deal for Chrissy when it came out 🙁

Cougar

No, it’s not. Well spotted.

I’ve got a real one, but it’s at work.

eskay

I only had the 16k spectrum and was always gutted when my mates could load the latest 48k games.

dudeofdoom

Its crazy mad that they made a reproduction without actually making it the real deal since a rasperry pie would have gone in the case.

There’s a real one screwed to a wall in a Bath shop – bore my work mate to death every time we go in for food with the tale of how it got me into computers.

dudeofdoom

I only had the 16k spectrum and was always gutted when my mates could load the latest 48k games.

I remeber doing ram upgrade on the kitchen sink, if you were lucky they had sockets some didnt thou.

jekkyl

I know people like to look back with rose tinted glasses but honestly the Spectrum was a pile of rubbish.
    My Dad had to take 4 back because the games didn’t load. 10 mins of
    ‘brrrr bip brrrrr bip brr eyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’ and then ‘R tape loading error’ We later realised that’s just how it is and it is generally rubbish. And two player games using the same keyboard… nonsense.

Cougar

Its crazy mad that they made a reproduction without actually making it the real deal since a rasperry pie would have gone in the case.

It’s made by Elite, the whole thing was a cynical cash grab. Royalties not paid for games they’d “licensed” and so forth. A lot of people are very vexed about it. Original price was like £100 for what is essentially a pretty poor Bluetooth keyboard when you get past the nostalgia. I picked mine up for £30 and it’s probably worth about that.

Cougar

I know people like to look back with rose tinted glasses but honestly the Spectrum was a pile of rubbish.
    My Dad had to take 4 back because the games didn’t load. 10 mins of
    ‘brrrr bip brrrrr bip brr eyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee’ and then ‘R tape loading error’ We later realised that’s just how it is and it is generally rubbish.

Should’ve taken the cassette player back instead.

And two player games using the same keyboard… nonsense.

Plug in a joystick or two then.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Ah, the memories of my old pals playing Chaos after football, pretending to look away while we each decided to cast real or fake creatures! 8)

There’s a modern version on Steam btw, Chaos Reborn.

Cougar

Yeah – still by Julian Gollop too!

I was a Laser Squad man myself. Put hours into that on a mate’s CPC-464.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

That’s cracking. I’ve been mooching about the Pandoras box things on gear best and such. Not sure if the novelty would wear off quick style though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I popped in thinking it was a music party, not a bunch of geeks standing around a packet of crisps in the kitchen.. 😛

Cougar

We’re not, we’re reading this.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Put some music on, make yourselves instantly recognisable as humans 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I was thinking of a very lovely sixth form girl. Different priorities 😉

Bllx that was ‘82

maccruiskeen

I only had the 16k spectrum

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts96J7HhO28[/video]

seosamh77
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h34MviiKXXc[/video]

garage-dweller

Jekkyl +1.

We had the 16k, the 48k that was then swapped into the “+” body. Then I bought a +3 and as the Italian in Allo Allo would have said…”Whata mistake to maka”

Double Dragon was the Specy’s peak!

akira

Double dragon, Target Renegade was far superior.

giantalkali
    Free Member

I’ve got an intellivision sitting upstairs… proper old school.

Tracey

Still got the Atari in the loft with a load of games. One day I will get it down to let the girls have a go.

aracer
    Free Member

Got my ZX81 out recently, as mini aracer had chosen to do his school project on Sir Clive. Very disappointed I couldn’t get it to work – it seems they may not play well with a modern TV, though I wasn’t sure I could be bothered spending much time trying to diagnose it (there was power coming out of the adapter, that’s about as far as I got).

tenfoot

I’m partying like it’s 1984 as I’ve just bought Elite Dangerous which i used to have on my Electron back in 84.
    Just as addictive now.

Cougar

Double dragon, Target Renegade was far superior.

Akira is wise.

Still got the Atari in the loft with a load of games.

Which Atari?

A good friend once ran away with my then-girlfriend and a load of my VCS cartridges. I miss those games.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m sure I have a couple of Spectrums and some QLs new in boxes in storage. I used work on Sinclair QL World magazine…
    Had to beat the babes off with a big stick. Not.

Cougar

There’s a Scene which will tear your arms off for those.

I mean, they’re worthless, give them to me and I’ll dispose of them for you.

redthunder
    Free Member

We need new challengers 🙂

http://atariage.com/forums/forum/60-8-bit-high-score-club/

Archon at the moment.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Cougar. 😀 I’ll have look on eBay at prices.

Tracey

The 2600 version

Cougar

[like]

I still have once of those upstairs somewhere.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Ataris rule… one of my earliest memories is playing Missile Command on an old skool woodgrain VCS at my uncle’s house in Manchester and wiggling my toes in excitement.

The reason I remember wiggling my toes in excitement is because my uncle’s dog would bite my toes whilst I was playing.

I ended up buying a 7800, which was competing with the Sega Master System and Nintendo NES.

Hindsight is never kind…

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Party like it's 1984…’ is closed to new replies.