Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Pad & helmet recommendations please. 661?
  • londonerinoz
    Free Member

I want to progress my jumps, drops, and ladders again, so I would like to finally get at least some knee and elbow pads and a full face helmet. What would you recommend?

661 seems cheap and popular, which might make sense if it’s all that’s needed or if I don’t progress very far and give up! White could also be good in Australian temperatures (I certainly get the stormtrooper references now), but I’m not bothered by looks or branding here; effectiveness, fit, and ideally being as cool as possible are far more important. I can see plenty of only slightly more expensive options and I wouldn’t have a clue as to what the expensive options offer anyway. I’m happy to be educated though.

For reference, I don’t mind jumping or dropping a couple of feet in vertical height currently, and I was happy going maybe a metre or so on the Chicksands dual course and riding the woodwork in the past, but I’ve lost my bottle somewhat in the years since in Australia, especially with family responsibilities to consider if I get hurt. In the last year or so though some black trails have been built here with bigger double diamond jumps, drops, and ladders.

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Anyone? Getting TLD and POC suggested elsewhere.

What about hard cup v soft, and the pros and cons of pads combining shin or forearm protection?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Pad & helmet recommendations please. 661?’ is closed to new replies.