Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pace xcam305 frame problems
  • hartcliffeburner

Hi guys, i’ve read a few things about these frames having some problems, ie cracking at the top tube/ seat tube weld and also the bolt on drop outs being super weak, have any of you folk come across these issues and if so how were the yorkshire men in sorting? Cheers.

clubber
    Free Member

mine cracked as you described. Pace were fine with replacing it. I did also bend the mech hanger but that’s what it’s there for.

clubber
    Free Member

should have said, mine was a 303 not 305

auricgoldfinger

Mine (a 303) also cracked in the same place. Again, Pace replaced it no qualms with a 305 (and I sold it).

HTTP404
    Free Member

afaik these were problems experienced by 303 and not the 305. I can’t recall if these problems were experienced with running long seatposts.

davo
    Free Member

my 305 cracked there and pace replaced the frame no problems, but they said i must have been running the seatpost too high and if it happened again they would not warranty it.

takisawa2

I had a 303 & despite a good old hammering from my 16st ass I had no problems.

bobbyfett
    Free Member

i’ve got the 305 and mines fine. i do run an extra long thomson seat post so i can have it quite high. just pay attention to the marking on the seat tube that states the minimum amount of seat post you should have within the tube. i’ve also not had any problems with the drop out bolts. keep an eye on them and check them regularly is all i’d say.

ChrisL

My 303 cracked at the top of the seat tube/top tube brace too. Pace replaced it with a 305. A lot of seat post needs to be inserted into the frame so if you’re tall it’s hard to find a seatpost long enough.

I did seem to bend more mech hangers on my Pace than I have on other frames but not by so much that statistically it means anything, I expect. They are quite expensive to replace, though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pace xcam305 frame problems’ is closed to new replies.