Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • P7 Questions…
  • bidstheforce
    Free Member

Bought a 2nd hand Orange (it’s actually white) P7 the other week. I love it.

But I’m new to going to trail centres ect. and I’ve left school to start an apprenticeship therefore have a few monies to spend 😉

My my left Sram X9 shifter has failed, It won’t change up or down – what should I replace it with?

The front derailleur is rubbish aswell – I want to change it to a 2×9 derailleur with outer chainring as a bash guard as I will never use all those gears… Is that a good idea?

Thanks for the help 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

Could well be down to knackered cables, especially if the bike has sat around. You can fit new cables and have change from a fiver.

The shifter may well need a blast with WD-40 or similar, followed by a drop of lube in the cable port. As for the front mech, a clean and degrease followed with a dab of lube on the pivots will certainly help. Front mechs are much of a muchness. SLX will see you right, they come with the correct adapters to fit you frame.

My own P7 is 2×9, I run a 36/22 front ring setup with a Blackspire Stinger dual chainguide and a bashring. It’s very belt-and-braces, but the drivetrain is very quiet. The Stinger is dirt-cheap at under £25, so it’s worthwhile fit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘P7 Questions…’ is closed to new replies.