Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • P35 rims
  • Duffer
    Free Member

Anyone got any? I’ve just ordered a set from a chap in Swanage, and I’m interested to know what people think.

Will I have any trouble fitting them in an Inbred 29er with track ends? I’m using 2.4in Chunkey Monkies.

simonk
    Free Member

Interested too, I have going to order a set of 26″ rims for my Troll, the few reviews and bloggers using seem to hold them in high esteem. I saw them in Charlies when I was there last, they looked and rode pretty well on the test bike.

jameso

They’re great for making the most of your tyres and the width/weight ratio is good. The paint flakes off where I’ve dinged them (easy to ease back, 18psi tyres mean occasional dings, so be it) and they look a bit tatty after a year or 2 but I don’t care about that too much. Expensive for what they are but they do better things for my bike than something smarter, lighter and narrower. No issues with tubeless on them either.
    They don’t really increase the width of tyres much, just adds volume and changes the shape, so they should fit ok if the tyres fit ok now.

Duffer
    Free Member

Thanks James. I remember reading about the P35s on your TD write up. Coincidentally, I’m also getting them built on the Hope Pro 2 with the singlespeed rear.

Simonk – I’ll let you know how I get on with them. I’ve also read plenty of positive reviews, so I’m expecting good things!

Duffer
    Free Member

Turned up today! They’re lighter than i imagined…

My job for this weekend will be to dabble with this fancy new ‘tubeless’ thing i’ve been hearing about!

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I have one with a Knard mounted. I think they’re quite good, reasonable weight, the width is nice. Maybe a bit on the pricey side for a rim without eyelets, though I haven’t had any problems with it yet.

Duffer
    Free Member

Update: a P35 with a 2.4″ Chunky Monkey will fit in an inbred, but it’s tight!

breadcrumb

Surely that’s going to buzz the stays when you crank it?

Not much room for a slight buckle either!

Duffer
    Free Member

Possibly. If it proves to be too tight then i’ll keep it as a spare front tyre and buy a Smorg for the back.

And don’t call me Shirley.

breadcrumb

I can give a good home to that Chunky Monkey if need be 😉

Keep meaning to try one up front.

Have you ridden the P35s yet? What width rims did you have?

Duffer
    Free Member

Not ridden yet. The bike is still only half built. I’ve not had a 29er before, so it’s all new to me!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘P35 rims’ is closed to new replies.