Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Outdoor storage for large Thule rack?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’m looking for a storage options for a EuroClassic rack, in a very small front garden (so I dont have to carry the rack through the house each time I use it).

Has anyone found a reasonable size box or shed for this rack?

https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/bike-rack/towbar-bike-racks/thule-euroclassic-g6-928-_-928021

Most that I’ve seen are either too small, or way too large (ie designed for wheelie bins).

My other option is to buy the smallerG2 Euroway, which might be the way to go:

https://activestyle.nl/en/bike-carriers/thule-euroway-g2-921-en/

scotroutes

If you only want to carry two bikes, look at the Bosal Tourer range. I bought one recently as it folds up neatly into its own bag for easy movement and storage.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How rustproof is it? My Aiston rack survived just being left outside. I was more worried about someone nicking it for scrap than anything else.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

^^

Thanks, but that one is heavier and about the same dimensions as my Euroclassic.

Anyone got a G2 Euroway?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Yeah, thought about just leaving it out the front. Good luck to anyone who wants to nick off with a 18kg rack… Having said that, I’ve had an iron planter filled with soil stolen from the front of the house, anything’s possible in Bristol

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Where do you keep bikes? Could you not put it on the floor and use it as a bike rack?

ElVino

I have mine locked to a wall anchor at the front of my terraced house and used one of the stretchy bike covers to protect it from the worst of the elements. Not 100% safe but risk I am willing to take

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve got the large 3-bikes version. I keep it in a house, in a small storage room/cupboard under the stairwell.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thinking out the front with a tarp over it might be easiest, then add a ground anchor.

I realise this is something of a first world problem BTW, and now thinking it might be time to get the G2 rack instead. The Euroclassic is about 6 years old and has done several 3000 mile + trips on the back of the van.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Outdoor storage for large Thule rack?’ is closed to new replies.