Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Orbea Diem Drop – hmmmmmm
  • druidh
    Free Member

Anybody riding/ridden one of these carbon tourers??

tinsy
    Free Member

cmon, you know this thread needs a picture of the bike we have never seen so we can make a sweeping judgment on it, based purely on the one image!! 🙂

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

This one?

No idea.

wwaswas

not yer traditional touring bike then…

tinsy
    Free Member

sweeping comment time… looks flippin fast for touring, if it wasnt for the fact its way over my £5 road bike budget, I would. (£5 is enough for a road bike isnt it.)

mtbfix
    druidh
    Free Member

Yeah – that feedback looks pretty good. It was that mix of commuting and light touring/audax I was after. Shame the component mix is only Sora/Tiagra though.

Anyone else?

younggeoff

seen one of these in the flesh unfortunately the guy had ruined a completely good bike by modifying it, granted he had a bad back so need ed teh riser stem, 18 layers of handlebar tape etc.. The basic bike looked really nice

fbk
    Free Member

Ooh – that's nice!

Sorry – doesn't really help you but had to comment 🙂

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I specced Sora on my Ribble winter trainer, its surprisingly good!

allankelly

What are the brakes? Have Shimano brought out road-specific disks? Cable I suppose (because hydraulic STI levers seems too good (and expensive) to be true).

The grouppo doesn't really matter though does it, you're after a swoopy disc road bike I guess.

a.

druidh
    Free Member

allankelly – Member
    What are the brakes? Have Shimano brought out road-specific disks? Cable I suppose (because hydraulic STI levers seems too good (and expensive) to be true).

The grouppo doesn't really matter though does it, you're after a swoopy disc road bike I guess.

a.

Shimano cable disks have been around for a while. I've not had any experience of how they cope with STI lever throws tho. Personally, I'd prefer to fit my BB7s as I know they work really well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Orbea Diem Drop – hmmmmmm’ is closed to new replies.