• This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Del.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ORANGE CRUSH 2016 OWNERS
  • allmtndave
    Free Member

Hi there people,

If you own an orange crush s 2016 and you have the stock, Alex rims on formula hubs, could help me out a little bit and check if there is any kind of side ways play in the rear wheel. Not flex. An actual knocking.
    Mine does and orange seem to think this is normal.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers dave

woody2000

Same wheels on my 5 and that has a little side to side play and a knock/click. Pretty sure the crush is the same.

Stock wheels are the weak point IMO, be getting replaced when I’ve bust ’em!

OT, but check you cassette is nice and tight, mine wasn’t on the Crush.

allmtndave
    Free Member

I’ve had cheaper wheels on cheaper bikes and not had this problem.

ton

orange bikes. shyte basement equipment on far too pricy frames.
    a good reason Not to buy Yorkshire.

allmtndave
    Free Member

Ooh careful I’m from up ear.;)

stevedoc
    Free Member

As soon as the word Orange is posted it starts

ton

Ooh careful I’m from up ear.;)

ton waves from Leeds 😀

allmtndave
    Free Member

Fair play. York.
    As long as its your own 😀

allmtndave
    Free Member

So what would you recommend as a replacment for around £200 for either a rear or pair of wheels. I know I can get a rear hope pro 4 on a nukeproof generator dh rim for £202, or a pair of superstar tech 4/ds25 wheels which got a good write up on bike radar

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

I ran Stan’s Arch EX on Superstar Switch hubs on my Crush. They only £159 with one of the discount codes at the time and were faultless.

allmtndave
    Free Member

Going back to the original post, if this is a common thing in these wheels surly this is not right, how can it be structurally sound. Its like have a disposable wheel. Correct me if I’m wrong but wheels aren’t meant to go side ways(unless pinning at flat turn).

Del

how long have you had it/how much riding/what conditions?
    just a worn cartridge bearing, surely? not exactly the end of the world.
    FWIW i have a dt240 hub and the bearings on that shat themselves in <6 months. replaced with £2.50 specials and they last > 18 months, typically.

allmtndave
    Free Member

Rode the bike 3 times in 8 months due to other problems with the same bike, had the bearings replaced and yet it still has the same problem.
    This is the 4th different problem .

Del

🙁 understand your frustration. sounds like the hub is faulty, or something daft like the qr loose?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ORANGE CRUSH 2016 OWNERS’ is closed to new replies.