Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • orange crush 2010 good allrounder ?
  • Jamesy
    Free Member

what's it like climbing ? good for all day rides ? will be using it for a bit of xc , commuting , messing about in the woods, attaching a kids seat too as it won't fit my orange 5 , cheers

oh BTW what's the weight of the 17 "

Jamesy
    Free Member

bump

minzo
    Free Member

havn't rode 1 myself but i read in a mag that it weighed 26.7lb's

Mugboo

Two friends have them and love em.

One of them is gonna sell his Pitch and buy another Crush as his spare! Seems like a great bike along the lines of any decent modern trail bike.

If you like that kind of thing (i do) then it looks like the perfect partner to a Five.

As for commuting then gather together all those bits you have hanging around, do some judicious Classified begging & a little borrowing and then at least you can throw a bike together that no one will covet and it can have the right tyres……..

Jamesy
    Free Member

cheers guys , sounds like its for me love my 5 , I haven't got any more room for another bike after this , so will have spare wheels to put on for commuting also have a room I can lock it in at work

derek_starship
    Free Member

I've had mine for about two weeks and I have to say it's the best £1100 I've ever spent.

For a start it looks ace. I love riding a bike that's vivid, grass green and has Orange on the downtube. Quirky.

The components are ace too. SRAM drive and shifters to keep things moving smoothly, the legendary Fox Float R 140mm up front to soak shit up and Elixir 5s to bring you and your green baby to a sure stop.

It's a perfect trail bike and for me, it climbs like a spider.

Buy one today.

chakaping
    Free Member

I really like the colour.

Hope that helps.

🙂

Jamesy
    Free Member

I really like the colour aswell , my lbs has one left and hes reserved it for me 🙂 until I get there the weekend , got a cycle scheme voucher burning a hole in my pocket. I ride an 18" five so was thinking I should go with the 17" crush ?

Jamesy
    Free Member

🙂

armchairbiker

I rate mine. Great fun. The 17" is slightly short for a long 3+ hour ride. But a blast round the woods and throwing of technical stuff it's fab.

orange could do with releasing a version in 18".

also I heard the 2011 model will be a lot more expensive

sarkmeister
    Free Member

I've got a Crush 2010 as well. It replaced a Trek 6500 as I wanted something better for trails/trail centres. Genuinely cant fault it so far. Its much more fun going down hill, and is still good uphill. It does come with an awful set of shiny pedals though….

derek_starship
    Free Member

Fresh Orange.

Just out of the box:

philfive
    Free Member

used to have 2007 crush, amazing on the trails and very strong plus u get that orange made in britain kudos 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

Lamentably, the Crush is merely designed in Britain. Made in Taiwan these days. But it's still effin ace!

matth75
    Free Member

Looking forward to getting my Crush (via cycle scheme voucher!) – LBS recommended it (Cheers Gordon :wink:) & all I have heard is good stuff – can't wait to test it out 🙂

Jamesy
    Free Member

just got mine first ride today , agree the 17" id short think I may get a layback post. lots of teething problems with it tho , brake caliber was loose ! but think it will take me a bit of time to get use to riding a hardtail again … missed my 5 to be honest …

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘orange crush 2010 good allrounder ?’ is closed to new replies.