Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange Blood Sizing
  • Si
    Free Member

Can any one help us out with real world sizing of a blood.

The 15″ looks very similar geometry and sizing to my 16″ patriot66, but i need something a little bigger as have a very long seatpost on the patriot. Would the 17″ be the perfect solution?

No local test rides before you say and prob looking at second hand anyway…

Rickos
    Free Member

If you ride a 16 inch Patriot, I wouldn’t be looking at the 17 inch Blood.

Brycey
    Free Member

How tall/gangly are you fella? I ride a 17″ Blood and I’m 6’3″, it’s seems to be the length of the cockpit that’s most noticeable between sizes.

jam-bo

They did have a demo blood in dartmoor cycles.

Si
    Free Member

Only 5ft9 at best. Ride my 16″ patriot with a 410mm thomson and a lot of seat post showing though which concerns me slightlty to go a size down.

Will get used much more as a trail bike hence looking at going up a size.

Brycey how do you get on with a 17″ at your height do you need a lot of post out to make the most of it?

Brycey
    Free Member

Yes loads of post, but it’s fine as the large is longer, so there’s room for me. I do full days, trail centres, Munroes, etc on it no trouble at all. I bought it for the Megaavalanche and thought I’d be selling it as soon as I was home. My mate is your height and has a 15″ which he loves, in fact some people say the small’s a better bike, with some guys near enough my height riding them.

Si
    Free Member

Thank I will have a closer look at the figures again. Thats my main concern rather than reachand length etc. I know I get on with the patriot size well but length of post out of the frame always worries me, not because of the limits as always have enough left in the frame but just the stress/leverage it might be placing there.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I’m 6’1″ and have a 17″ Blood – test rode a 15″ and it was way too small for me (too short). At 5’9″, a 15″ may be the way forward for you. A demo may the way forward if you can organize one – any Orange dealer can get a demo shipped down for you I think.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” and demo’d a 15″.
    The fitted seat post was too short for me, but otherwise it was ok.
    I felt I sat right between the two sizes and if I end up buying one, the size I choose will be dependant on exactly what type of riding I think I’ll end up using it for.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 9in with my shoes on and demo-ed a 15in Blood. I would definitely have got that size if I had bought one.

It wasn’t a great climber and I didn’t expect it to be – but I doubt the 17in would have been much better.

Brilliant fun going downhill, felt immediately at home and very confident. Sizing seemed perfect.

I wouldn’t want one as a trail bike myself – but I would love to own one!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange Blood Sizing’ is closed to new replies.