Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Orange 5 replacement?
  • willzs
    Free Member

I currently have a 2009 Orange 5 Pro but am looking at upgrading it for something like a Cube Stereo 140 Super HPC with 27.5s. What are people’s thoughts on this or any other suggestions for a carbon replacement? Also where do people find is the best place to sell on secondhand bikes?

Thanks!

bikeneil
    Free Member

I wouldn’t call a Cube ‘an upgrade’!

andycs

I have an 09 5 and I am considering these, Yeti SB 75, Santa Cruz Bronson/Heckler/Solo, Canyon Spectral, Nukeproof TR, Mondraker Foxy.

reedspeed
    Free Member

650 five !.

andybrad

ive seen a few people on the cube and they look good. ive also spoken to two people (just in passing at gizburn) who are on their second frames in under a year.

ska-49
    Free Member

I like the aesthetics of Cubes but I hear their plagued by reliability and customer service. I’ve seen a few cracked Carbon frames and Alu frames and heard about long turn around times or even warranty rejections in (IMHO) clear cut cases.

jimw
    Free Member

Budget?
    A couple of friends have Pivot Mach 5.7’s, used them hard in the Alps, Morocco etc. and they have been great.
    No longer available but equivalent is Mach 6 in 650b guise.

Another friend bought a Transition Bandit which he is very pleased with (but not carbon)

z1ppy

+1 to hearing lots of cube breakages stories of long term warranty claims, puts me off what seemed a good brand. That must be tempered with the knowledge that every brand suffers from some breakages, no one is immune, its the customer service that should offset that. Even brands like Specialized and Trek, with great reputations for long term warranty and customer service have of late been criticised for poorer service/claim handling than there rep’s of old suggested.

As for selling, pop adverts on here, pinkbike, FB groups (if you can ignore the haterz/phone swappers and general idiots) and maybe a advert but not an auction on ebay

willzs
    Free Member

Budget is up to £3k really. Thanks for the suggestions so far though

fingerbike
    Free Member

Does it have to be Carbon, and can you wait until February?

I’m in a similar position, loving the look of the Bird Aeris, although I live near Swinley so that’s probably why:
    http://shop.birdmtb.com/featured/aeris-pre-order-deposit.html

Think the Bird people sometimes lurk on here too.

willzs
    Free Member

I’d prefer it to carbon to save the weight.

creamegg
    Free Member

I love my five and the only bikes I’d currently replace it with if I had to due to theft or total frame failure would be another five or transition covert, although never ridden one

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 replacement?’ is closed to new replies.