Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • opinions on genesis high latitude before I buy a frame?
  • andcarson
    Free Member

Hi all
    I’m about to purchase a high latitude in large, frame only. I have read around and see that reviews are generally positive. Any thoughts from owners before I part with my hard earned?
    Ta Andy

riddoch

I’ve just got last year’s but only been on one ride but I think it’s great.
    MBR have just done their top hardtail of the year review and the latitude got 8 out of 10 but seemed to be marked down on having too long a stem.

simondbarnes

Love my 2013 2×10. Ditched the wheels for a Stan’s Crest wheelset which dropped a couple of pounds and fitted some Spesh tyres.

Work colleague picked up a High Latitude LT earlier in the week and loved his first ride on it.

ahwiles
    Free Member

I love mine. Nice and simple, nice and sturdy, actually a bit of hooligan when you want it be – but not crippled with silly-short chain stays, or a silly-slack head angle, so it even climbs well.

Not even that heavy – my 20″ frame weighs 2500g

andcarson
    Free Member

Thanks for the positive opinions everyone!

belugabob
    Free Member

You can’t go wrong with Genesis steel hardtails, generally, and buying frame only is a good thing, as you’ll be able to configure stem, saddle etc to your liking.
    My Altitude (of which the High Latitude is the 29inch descendant of) is great fun to ride – even moreso, now that It’s in singlespeed configuration.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘opinions on genesis high latitude before I buy a frame?’ is closed to new replies.