Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • OO Knuckle-bar in Chewy..
  • tymbian
    Free Member

Anyone using this on a full-bouncer…I was thinking this might help reduce tingly fingers on longer rides …

Kahurangi

I bought one for the GF to help with her carpal tunnel. She was getting numb hands on longer rides.

I’ll report back once it’s cut and fitted or email me directly if I’m tardy.

dbcooper
    Free Member

prettygreenparrot

I bought a pair of the ‘hard’ ones to use with 140mm shocks. The bars are rigid. More so than the narrower Answers they replaced. I’d be tempted to try the ‘chewy’ ones as I suspect they’ll have a gentle amount of ‘give’ that might reduce buzz.

Rather than twiddle with bar brands, try playing with her position. I got a ‘cross bike the other year and even on short rides I’d end up with tingling and numbness in my fingers. I dropped the stem, shifted the saddle, changed the lever and bar positions and it’s all OK now. Took a few days of trial and error to get it right.

miranmtb
    Free Member

Have the chewy version on my rigid singlespeed inbred, most comfortable (soft) bar in the rough, reduces offroad trail buzz considerably.
    Hand position (bars with more sweep, the knuckle is shaped like most other riser handlebars) and maybe ergonomic grips do more for hand numbness than bar material/construction imho.

miranmtb
    Free Member
    hypnotoad
    Free Member

miranmtb: Were you running Alu bars before? It’s good to know that they make a noticable difference, I would quite like to try them on my fatty.

miranmtb
    Free Member

Fleegle, Mary, Superstar flatland. Steel Salsa Cromoto fork.
    Knuckle is much much more comfortable, especially over rocky stuff.
    Not crazy expensive for what they are.
    A bit too much rise (on a 29er) in my opinion but not really a deal breaker.

bigjim

interested in these for a hardtail, they don’t actually flex loads do they? def interested in removing a bit of buzz but don’t want to pogo.

Northwind

It’s a great idea… I’d love to see a hard-chewy sliding scale we could test all bars against, it’s pure luck with most manufacturers.

qwerty
    Free Member

And the raging horn to meet up with my girl who I hadn’t seen for three weeks.

Highly informative.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘OO Knuckle-bar in Chewy..’ is closed to new replies.