Viewing 30 posts - 601 through 630 (of 630 total)
  • Online dating help…
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’m heartened that you approve Junky… 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Monkeys at keyboards innit, shall we argue over who is the monkey 😛

Shibboleth
    Free Member

You damn racist… 😯

joshvegas
    Free Member

I think I have just exhausted pof of eligible women in Edinburgh!

I think my problem might be extreme pickyness.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

So I have a date! An MTB’ing Paramedic…

Likes Blues n twos, tubeless tyres and asking “Can you tell me what happened?” in a loud voice…

Shibboleth
    Free Member

When’s the date ‘hills? Any more feedback? Didn’t we have a couple of others on dates last week?

Mister-P
    Free Member

I met up with a woman through Match last Thursday. She was nice enough, we had a bit in common and she seemed pretty normal. But there was no “spark”, no chemistry between us at all. Ah well, you can’t win them all.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

shib – DDay is today, so do I go for the warm and friendly peck on the cheek/squeeze of the elbow greeting or “hello, how do you do?” handshake…

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Match claim 1 in 10 dates leads to a relationship… Maybe their definition of ‘relationship’ is a bit looser than mine, but you do have to play the averages game.

I’ve made some good friends from dates where there’s been no spark of romance but where we’ve had a lot in common, mutual interests, friends etc. And out of literally dozens and dozens of dates, there’s only a couple that I wish I’d not gone on…

spacemonkey

So I have a date! An MTB’ing Paramedic

Drac? 😯

DezB
    Free Member

so do I go for the warm and friendly peck on the cheek/squeeze of the elbow greeting or “hello, how do you do?” handshake

I went for peck on the cheek, followed by wiping back of hand across my mouth 🙂

I got messaged by a local… under 40 too… Sorry, er no thanks.
    I have copied her About Me below for your enjoyment:

About Me
    ‘Don’t have any none I a slim r&b’

😆

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Whats “a slim r&b” and do I want one? is it a meme?

DezB
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure you’d want one as much as I do.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

do I go for the warm and friendly peck on the cheek/squeeze of the elbow greeting or “hello, how do you do?” handshake…

Definitely aim to go for the friendly kiss as a rapport builder… It might be the closest you get to a single woman for a while… 😉

Seriously though, you’ll find some make a big gesture of offering their outstretched hand, if that’s the case, don’t go for the kiss!

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Shib, Shib how do I tell a girl I’m not interested even though she’s been really complimentary about me and is asking to go on a date. I don’t want to upset her. Well she may be upset that I don’t want to go on a date but I’m worried that I’ll be too blunt like I usually am. She is a bit ugly see.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Hmmm… Difficult Ragga, I had a very similar situation only last week – a “Facebook acquaintance*” messaged me and asked if I wanted to go on a date. I was very flattered – it’s a big deal for most women to pluck up the courage to ask a bloke out on a date, so an appropriate level of sensitivity is called for.

I was quite lucky in that I could tell her that I was seeing someone, and whilst it was in the early stages, I hoped it would progress. Because I had a watertight excuse, I told her that if it had been a few months earlier I would have jumped at the chance (I wouldn’t have, but I think it made her feel a bit better). Be careful with that though, if you leave the slightest ambiguity, she’ll keep asking – it’s human nature to take the positives from a situation like that rather than accept that they’re being rejected.

If she’s already a friend or work colleague, you can always say you’d rather not jeopardise the status quo, but if all else fails, go for the old “my heart is elsewhere” getout.

This doesn’t hold too true if she subsequently sees you chasing tail like a randy old alley cat, so use with caution.

*© Shibboleth 2013. Someone that added you as a friend that you probably wouldn’t even say hello to if you saw them in a pub…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is that not what all FB friends are ?

His advice is not bad to be fair… damn you 😉
    I think just tell her and be as diplomatic as you like, no point hurting peoples feelings just for the sake of it and it takes courage to ask someone out and , probably, more so for a female.

DezB
    Free Member

I thought the idea was you just ignore them and they get the message.
    That’s what they all do to me anyway 😥

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I thought the idea was you just ignore them and they get the message.
    That’s what they all do to me anyway

They read a different set of rules Dez… Snakes with tits, the lot of ’em! 😉

DezB
    Free Member

😆

You’re dead right!
    Last week, I saw this woman’s profile saying “This is the most unfriendly site”, thought, well she’s too far away to meet, not that great looking, but I’ll message to prove we’re not all unfriendly.
    What did she do? Ignored me!! Ugly beeatch!

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Haha, I once went on a date with a girl whose profile picture was a group shot of 5 stunners and one person wearing an Osama Bin Laden mask…

Guess what, she was the one wearing the mask! Talk about having a face for radio, she looked like she’d fallen out of the ugly tree, got caught by her shoelace and “Piñata’d” to within an inch of her life!

She was a nice girl though, GB triathlon squad, vet, great body, good company, but Jeeeesh, she was funny looking!

Had a bit of a word with myself, asked myself if maybe I was being a bit too shallow, and decided to text her for Date 2, see if there was any truth in this “beauty’s only skin deep” myth I keep hearing…

AND SHE BLANKED ME!! Blown out by an ugly chick! Bloody lesbians… 😉

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

OK now I am nervous. A woman sent me a message last night around 2:30 in the morning. Presumably she’d been out that night…not sure. She sounds really nice (in her profile at least), works in the army driving trucks though her pictures would belie any image of a typical truck driver…in my mind at least anyway. Anyway I sent her a message, thinking nothing will come of it anyway, telling her that if she’s still interested then she could call/text me and gave her my number. Got a text about half an hour ago saying she has to do something first and she’ll call me in an hour. If I wasn’t so socially inept I’d be looking forward to this but now I’m pacing up and down thinking what the ‘eck do I say to her! This is the next stage beyond messaging over POF which I haven’t yet explored and it’s with a looker! Am I ready 😯

scandalous
    Free Member

drink stella and feel brave

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I’m wondering if I should I write down some questions but it might sound like an interview then…..where’s the vodka…!!!!

CountZero

Is that not what all FB friends are ?

Only if you’re in a competition to see who can rack up the biggest list of ‘Friends’.
    Most of mine are people I actually know, or are acquainted with people I know, or are artists who I follow, some of whom I’ve got to know personally through meeting them at gigs.
    Quality, not quantity…

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’m wondering if I should I write down some questions

This is a woman you’ve never met; she knows nothing about you and you know nothing about her… You’ll NEVER meet someone that you have more to talk about!! 🙂

Did she call you?

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Shib, she did text me in the end. We had a lengthy text conversation. I was getting a bit bored and said the texting could go on forever but we should meet up. She proposed a venue where they do “the best pulled pork sarnies”, I thought this was a euphemism but she was being serious and proposed to meet up on the 28th as I said I could only do weekends. She does live a fair distance from me to be honest but drivable and it’s close to where she’s based. I get the feeling after a couple of texts tonight she’s got some skeletons in the closet…..am getting a bit bored of this message ping pong though…..might just call her tomorrow but bloody hell the 28th! I guess that’s life being in the Forces and something, if I were to be serious about her, would have to get used to.

Scamper
    Free Member

What’s dating direct like these days? Strutted my stuff about 9 years ago; a lot of effort, a lot of driving but some fun along the way.

Mister-P
    Free Member

A woman popped up on Match this morning who, on paper, is an ideal lady for me. We have similar tastes,she has been to some of the same festivals and gigs as me. She is in the right age range, has a decent job and a nice car. There is just one snag. She is one of my closest friends and we share a house. I can confirm there is zero attraction between us, the main reason I think our friendship has lasted so many years.

Houns

Likes being swiped right and shared interests

Viewing 30 posts - 601 through 630 (of 630 total)

The topic ‘Online dating help…’ is closed to new replies.