Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • One+ phone?
  • bren2709

One+ phone
    Anyone got and what you think?

h1jjy
    Free Member

I don’t own one. But almost got one at upgrade time. But got the iPhone 6.

Its as good as any other top end Android phone, just not paying for the name.

Also no extra front end like the others put on, so runners loads better.

But if I was not a Apple fan boy I would own one

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

yep had mine since october .. screen is fantastic.. battery life is amazing on a like for like test v my sg3 ( 5 days v 1d 18hrs)
    Camera is ok and on par with other 13mpx. Pretty speedy on response times and built very well.
    The back has a sandstone, pumice stone texture. The glass is slightly raised with a lip which I think maybe a weak point if dropped. A gel case provides some prtection.

The rift over the os is a consideration ( cyangenmod v oxygen0s) and oneplus 2 is expected in the next 6 months. Multi touch goes a bit funny and phone need rebooting twice since october because of it. And yellow tinge was there when I first got it but now I dont look out for it. The 5.5 in screen is large but the low weight of the phone means it feel smaller if you get my drift unless you sit down with it in your back pocket. delivery was quick around 10 days. Check out the forums at oneplus.

Shackleton

4G in the UK is limited (by hardware) to EE and Three on the One+. Unless it has changed that is the main thing that put me off as both have terrible reception where I live.

Toasty

I’ve got one, couldn’t care less about the 4G personally, quite content with 3.5G in the brief times it’s not on a LAN.

As mentioned, the battery life is staggering, the best smartphone I’ve had by absolutely miles. Very good screen, no yellow tint on mine. It’s also been very stable, someone made a remark at work about Android being unstable, so I’ve resisted restarting it over the last month. It’s currently sat on 46 days uptime and counting, no crashes or slowdown 🙂

I used to change phones every year, Galaxy S2, Nexus 4, Xperia Z1, this is the first time I’ve got absolutely no desire to hop to the next one. It does everything really well!

ElShalimo

Is the large screen size easy to use with one hand?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I have Moto X (v2) which is 5.2″ and quite stubby fingers. I find it just a smidge too big for one hand, but it’s not really that bothersome. It certainly helps with onscreen typing.

ampthill

I have a student who has one and it looks fab and they are very happy with it

The ratio of the price to an iphone 6+ is just staggering. No wonder Apple makes billions

I wonder if the key to Apple success is being in a market where its normal to buy the product on credit, making people less price sensitive. If they were all bought SIM free sat on a shelf would people really pay over double for the 6+

davewilson634
    Free Member

I’ve had one and would recommend to anyone, only reason I sold was it didn’t support sky sports mobile, if you can live without that you won’t find a better phone for the money, having said that I love my z ultra 6.4 inch screen is perfect for media but not everyone’s taste

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘One+ phone?’ is closed to new replies.