Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • One for the STW Aero Club
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is there anywhere in the UK one can have a flight in a Mustang? Is there a 2 seater anywhere?

Cost no object.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Not as far as I know for the 'usual' cabby, but there are a few 2 seaters flying and there may be the odd one that will do instruction (cost no object), so a hands on cabby could be the way to go, if money is object why not a trip to Stallion 51? And might be worth asking them about ones over here. good luck – Harvard or a Yak (or even an Extra) is a good bit of fun in the mean time and more than half way there.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, I'm aware of Stallion51, but ideally it would need to be in the UK.

The "passenger" in this case would be a very, very experienced pilot, so I suspect that someone would be willing to do a little "instruction"!

And, although I said cost no object, if it was as much as a trip to fly with Stallion 51, I reckon the idea would be out of the window and I'd be off at Thunder City myself on a selfish trip!

JulianA
    Free Member

The Old Flying Machine Company says 'no' but the Fighter Collection is silent on the matter. They appear to have a two seat Mustang… Worth a schmooze?

However, if a Spitfire would be an acceptable option, Carolyn Grace might be able to help…

The Grace Spitfire

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Spitfire and Hurricane are already crossed off in the log book, Julian, but thanks! Will check out the Fighter Collection, though, thanks!

JulianA
    Free Member

Good luck, CFH. Hopefully money will talk… Let us know how you go!

pacemaker
    Free Member

The guy to contact is Maurice Hammond, he has 3 privately owned p51.
    We come across Maurice quite a bit on the R/C aircraft display scene and quite often get to have a play in the P51's

He does take people up for a price.
    I know he fly's from Hardwick, i havn't any contact details but i know someone who has.
    Give me a few days and i will PM you.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Interesting….! Any two seaters?

pacemaker
    Free Member

He flew "Marinell" into the R/C fly-in at ex RAF Coltishall earlier this year, that is definately 2 seater.
    I think Big beautiful doll and Janelle are single seaters.

pacemaker
    Free Member

Not my photo but it is definately 2 seater!

JulianA
    Free Member

Any joy yet, CFH? I'd love to know, 'cos that's what I'd like to do if I ever have the dosh…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘One for the STW Aero Club’ is closed to new replies.