Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • one for 575 owners – tyre clearance
  • atoms1
    Free Member

In my excitement about going to the alps yesterday, i bought some 2.5 maxxis minions on line – although woke up this am wondering whether the rear will actually fit – does any one have any 1st hand experience? thanks

rbmccunn
    Free Member

Doubt it will fit. Best to check before you go! 2 of the guys I ride with have 575's and 2.25 is about as big as they can go on the rear. I got a nice set of geax 2.3 tyres after one of them found the rear didn’t fit!

Smuzzy
    Free Member

2.35 High rolers on mine and I wouldn't get anything wider in.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Very much doubt they'll fit. I've used 2.4 mountain king's ( yes there're undersize) but stick with 2.25 nobby nic's. The double defence version is amazing as the much thicker side wall allows lower pressures without trying to roll off the rim, plus offers better durability. Really recommend them!

nickegg
    Free Member

Doubt they will and even if they do, at the first sign of any mud you'll risk rubbing through the carbon chainstays (as witnessed by a bike in LBS).

My wife ran a 2.35 Kenda Nevegal on hers in France and although it was mostly dusty there were still a few scuffs to the carbon. 2.1 Kenda is offers alot more room.

ojom
    Free Member

Nope. you wont get them in.

If you did, you WILL rub through your back end.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘one for 575 owners – tyre clearance’ is closed to new replies.