Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • One Camelback to Rule Them All
  • 40mpg

I currently have 3 hydration packs – a ‘race’ one with room for a 1 litre bladder and keys, a mid sized one with a 2 litre bladder, room for tools, pump, tubes, spare base layer, spare gloves, wallet & keys (ie general ride requirements) and a rucksack to carry spare clothes for all-day or overnight rides.

I’ve just trashed the mid-sized one and need to replace, but what would be ideal is something similar but expandable so I can carry a bit more gear when necessary. Ideally with seperate pockets for keys/money/phone, tools/tubes, and clothing. And 2 or 3 litres of water.

Anybody able to recommend something they are using and are pleased with?

AndyP
    Free Member

old-style Blowfish. New one crap however.

Jamie
    Free Member

Dakine Nomad. One of the best biking accessories i have ever bought.

kona_uk
    Free Member

Camelbak HAWG.

Very pleased with mine over the years and its still going strong…

IHN

Cheapy HAWG-a-like from Aldi with Camelbak bladder. Smashing piece of kit.

watly_biker
    Free Member

Camelback Mule – at least 9 years old and still going strong. Can fit pump, tools and spare jacket – although I don;t put more than 1 ltr of water in the 3 ltr bladder normally.My husband has a hawg – v good if you need to carry more stuff or 3 ltr of water.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

HAWGS are quite big, I only use mine on big all day rides which require packing lunch, otherwise I use a MULE. For short blasts I stick a bottle on the bike and a spare tube, gas cartrige and multi tool in my pocket.
    So, a MULE would be my chioce.

MrAgreeable

I have a Da Kine Nomad and a Da Kine Session. The Nomad is pretty big and I prefer the Session for most rides – it’s a lot like a Mule but thirty quid cheaper, and easier to strap stuff to.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got 5 camelbaks. Many resulting from me forgetting to bring one to 24 hour races.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, old style Blowfish is superb. Expandable, well made and doesn’t look too outlandish! I like.

willyboy
    Free Member

blowfish again.

stumpy01

Vaude Splash Air 20+5. Doesn’t come with a bladder, but got one of these for Christmas after my last Vaude bag finally died after about 7yrs.

It’s got enough pockets for most things, is expandable (hence the 20+5), comes with a rain cover that you can unclip to save weight/bulk (Camelbak charge you for a rain cover) and best of all it comes with their air-back system that uses a curved wire system to hold the main bit of the bag off your back. It keeps you much drier in the summer than a bag that sits totally on your back.

sofatester
    Free Member

The “Old” Blowfish in ninja black.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘One Camelback to Rule Them All’ is closed to new replies.