Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • On the subject of internet bike shops…
  • Kryton57

Rutland Cycling – took my money 11 days ago for a seatpost, with a promise of 2-3 day delivery.

10 days later and no dispatch email from them I emailed them yesterday for an update. Just now I recieved an email – basically they were over ordered would I like something else or a refund?

How about updating your website Rutland? How about proactively contacting me and others perhaps about the issue, rather than me waiting long enough to get frustrated? How about not taking my money until you’ve displatched it?

Dire customer service – makes my bloody blood boil!

devash
    Free Member

Meanwhile people are dying in Syria.

Kryton57

You can read the news, well done.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

devash – Member

I just had a really good poo. I feel that my point is as valid as yours in the context of this thread.

FFS.

annebr
    Free Member

Bit harsh to blame Rutland for the deaths of people in Syria or a really good poo.

Jamie
    Free Member

Rutland Cycles are a bit like Tredz in this respect. It seems a lot of stuff on the website is available, as in available from the suppliers/distributors. I stopped using them about 4 years ago for this reason. Apparently they had got better…but guess not. At least with Tredz you would get the call/email to say it would be a few more days. Rutland always just left it to the customer to ask them where their stuff was.

I don’t normally do this, but you, Sir, are a plonker.

Mister-P
    Free Member

recieved

Makes my bloody blood boil 🙂

Kryton57

Their thier Mister P… 😉

eshershore
    Free Member

this is what happens when small companies “play” at being “internet retailers” and rely on their stockists warehousing, rather than ponying up and purchasing / holding their own goods

the best advice? salvage this situation, and vote with your wallet, in the future

bearnecessities

Poo needs context.

Kryton57

I am indeed. I opted for the refund, and have another option in sight…

mrben100
    Free Member

devash – Member

Meanwhile people are dying from Ebola in West Africa. How insensitive are you?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Meanwhile people are dying for a poo.

butterbean
    Free Member

this is what happens when small companies “play” at being “internet retailers” and rely on their stockists warehousing, rather than ponying up and purchasing / holding their own goods

Trouble is, even big online operations work with this business model too, and more are asking for a live feed to distributor stock levels.

Why tie up hundreds of thousands in stock when a distributor can drop ship a daily order. It’s not hard to get past a minimum order level with a handful of online web orders each day.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Rutland did the same to me with some magura brakes they had on offer. Stock on line was good, ordered and paid for next day delivery. 5 days no brakes. Rang up and asked where the brakes were, they said that they had zero stock left. So got upgraded to next model FOC, great. Arrived next day too, so full marks to them for sorting out the issue.
    Ok, so shouldn’t have happened to start with but, meh….. 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Who’s having a poo in Syria? I only scanned the posts.

bearnecessities

Ass had.

Deveron53
    Free Member

(touch wood) I’ve not had any really bad mail order experiences since 2007 when I mistakenly ordered some Hope hubs from Dave Hinde… (they made the mistake. I ordered blue pair, they sent blue rear, black front. Oh, the humanity! Thankfully it was in the days when they were still allowed to trade on Ebay. Sent front hub back, went through the usual rigmarole of getting ignored by returns/refunds. Quick dispute opened and presto! refund!)
    Mind you, I never order anything from a certain South Yorkshire based family-owned internet cycle retailer no matter how cheap they advertise stuff at!

stewartc
    Free Member

I’m dying to know if the seat post will be delivered, apparently I’m not the only one

Kryton57

They said there are none left to deliver to me, to chose another or have a refund. I asked for the refund.

Was yours the £40 Thompson as well?

gamerriley
    Free Member

My golden rule is, if you want it tomorrow go to CRC or Wiggle. If you can afford to wait a little then shop around. Then Tredz for any longer than that 😀

z1ppy

Got to say IME neither CRC, wiggle or merlin seem to be able to do next day any more (on basic postage, unlike the “good old days”)… and I don’t need a poo

thegreatape
    Free Member

bearnecessities – Member
    Ass had.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘On the subject of internet bike shops…’ is closed to new replies.