Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • On-One smorgasbord – blowing off the rim!
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

New – ride 1 after 6 innocuous miles tyre comes off rim, think it must have not been seated properly, next ride ok, today – 4 miles in, 1 ft drop and tyre blows off the rim both sides!!Unlucky, shit tyre with loose bead, or user error?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

And to add insult to injury, popped a tube in today (new out the box from On-One also) and it was holed from new!! Pin prick!

philfive
    Free Member

I used mine for the first time today and had no issues at all but then I run them with tubes in.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

mine was on a stans flow tubeless at 30psi, had it up to 40 psi and deflated to 30

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I got some 2.4 chunky monkey took them out for first time today had no problem running them at 20psi perhaps a tad under.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

my chunky monkeys are noticeably tighter

pipnet1
    Free Member

I’ve had no problem with mine. In fact I’m about to order another one. I’m using the folding bead 2.25 on Mavic 321 rims. Running tubed, however I believe they are made by Maxxis (may be wrong) so doubt there would be much problem with tubeless.

Also they are £10 at the min (for 26″)!

rickon
    Free Member

Sealed a Smorgasboard on a Crest about 6 months ago, and still going strong after many miles.

Did it pop onto the bead? I’m sure you know the drill, but deflate it – does the bead stick to the rim, or does it goes into the central channel.

If the latter, then you need to add a little fairy liquid to the bead, and pump up again until it pings onto the rim.

If it’s blown off the rim, you may have damaged the bead. Check for kinks – if thats the case, you may not get it to seal again…. *may*. The’re cheap though, so replace and try again.

I’ve not heard of any problems with them from anyone using them, until now.

alwhit
    Free Member

Had mine tube less on the back for a year now no problems done most of the passes in the lakes great tyre would will buy another when this one wears out

robhughes
    Free Member

I have a pair of these sitting waiting to go on.Are they better as just a rear or good for both..

rickon
    Free Member

They’re an ace front tyre, super grippy in the triple compound flavour.

alwhit
    Free Member

I run mine on the back with high roller 2 on front seems to work

robhughes
    Free Member

Well that answers my question.. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘On-One smorgasbord – blowing off the rim!’ is closed to new replies.