Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • On-One Codeine 650b
  • AlexSimon

Looks like the rhubarb and custard (or whatever it was) didn’t make it to production 🙂

Sneak peak at some revised graphics ?#?tealisreal? ?#?codeine? pretty chuffed with these, whats you guys n girls think??? And yes this is the launch spec https://instagram.com/p/0S_KCfI-N7/
    ?#?soon?

cokie

I like that. Looks aggressive.
    It’s nice to see Marz making a reappearance on a stock bikes.

What shock is that?

roverpig

OK, I’ll bite. Why do we need a 650B Codeine? In what way is it better than the existing 29er version?

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s a big improvement on the Commencal knock-off design they were floating recently anyway.

My only constructive criticism is the graphic on the downtube just looks a little clumsy, wonder if it’d be nicer a bit smaller?

EDIT – Roverpig, presumably it will sell much easier.

AlexSimon

No idea roverpig. It might feel a little different. Even the best of the 29ers seem to steer differently at speed.

I’ve always assumed it would be something I’d get used to, but I’ve noticed it on all the 29er demos I’ve had. Moreso at fast swoopy trail centres than on natural trails though.

ymmv – maybe they just thought it would sell because some people are put off by the bigger wheels – they’re probably right.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve always assumed it would be something I’d get used to, but I’ve noticed it on all the 29er demos I’ve had. Moreso at fast swoopy trail centres than on natural trails though.

I like 29ers, but I think they make more sense with lesser travel and rougher trails.

Longer travel 29ers are always going to of benefit when small wheels beocme a handfull, but it’s diminishing returns, if a bikes only better a fraction of the time then is it worth it?

I like my 29er Xc bike and I’m convinced it’s faster/easier to ride than its 26″ counterparts, I liked my 26″ AM bike, I think a 29er AM bike would be fast, but I’d not be so sure it’d be faster (but probably just as fast) than a 26″ or 650b version. Personal preferance though, 29ers let me get away with more over rough sections, skill, geometry & suspension travel all play a part in the need to ‘get away with’ stuff in the first place.

Will it take a front mech for cheapskates/luddites/the unfit?

fathomer

roverpig – Member
    OK, I’ll bite. Why do we need a 650B Codeine? In what way is it better than the existing 29er version?

I assume because not everyone wants a 29er?

AlexSimon

Will it take a front mech for cheapskates/luddites/the unfit?

The 29er couldn’t

qwerty
    Free Member

OK, I’ll bite. Why do we need a 650B Codeine?

For the vertically challenged.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Does it still have a reach designed for dwarfs?

dmorts

Are Marzocchi good again now? 😀

I expected to see RS Pikes….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Looks like a right pig. Soz!

orena45

The gap between the down tube and the top tube near the head tube, bothers me.

ton

parkwood front end tacked onto a sus rear end.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The 29er couldn’t

because there wasn’t room, 650b wheels are smaller, therefore there’s more room, but is there enough? They’ve shown a chain guide.

Are Marzocchi good again now?

They’ve been good again for about 8 years, it was only a few of their more complicated dampers that messed their reputation, the high end RC3 etc were always brilliant.

daver27
    Free Member

looks far too short and the paint splat graphics should have been killed off by now and they are in contrast to the modern looking Codeine logo on the seatpost.

Agree with the comment about the downtube and toptube not meeting at the headtube, they should meet, if only to get the front end height down as it looks far too tall (might be the angle of the shot, but it looks like someone stuck 160mm forks on a 100mm frame..)

i’ll reserve judgement on the Marzoocchi bits for now…

austinburner
    Free Member

The frame in the pic looks like a drawing/render.
    May explain the unrealistic gap between top & down tube.

m0rk
    Free Member

Oh, definitely a render… Unless reverbs come bent & front wheels have a cut out in the spokes for a different fork

austinburner
    Free Member

The short cockpit makes me feel a bit weird

tops5
    Free Member

Needs a gusset 😀

iridebikes
    Free Member

How much travel is this going to have? And does anypne know the release date?

GregMay
    Free Member

Blugh.

andyl
    Free Member

Some of us aren’t tall enough for a long travel 29er and they don’t make many 26″ bikes anymore 🙁

Does look a tad short but have not looked at the specs. Also hoping it can take a front mech as I have hills and also have long road sections.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Well all I can say is that im glad I didn’t wait any longer and decided on the transition scout for my birthday.

nairnster
    Free Member

I commented on this on their facebook page, and it now seems to have disappeared all together. Too many negative remarks perhaps

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘On-One Codeine 650b’ is closed to new replies.